Helsinki & medieval town Porvoo - all in one day tour
This tour combines Helsinki city highlights with a trip to charming town of Porvoo.
Porvoo gained its city rights in 1346 and it has a picturesque wooden Old Town, mainly built in 1700s. With its old colorful wooden houses, narrow cobblestone street, shopping, cafeterias, and restaurants, Porvoo Old Town is one of the most visited sites in Finland.
On this tour you will see the best of Helsinki combined with the Porvoo Old Town charm.
In Helsinki we visit all the main sights in a historical city centre and other interesting sites.
- Less than one hour drive from your hotel, cruise ship terminal, or airport to Porvoo Old Town
- Walking tour through the narrow streets of Porvoo with its old wooden houses including Porvoo Cathedral, Old Town Hall, The Chapter House etc.
- Return to Helsinki where we visit the Senate Square and the Market Place with historical surroundings including Presidential Palace, Uspenski Cathedral, and Helsinki Cathedral.
- Based on your preferences and time you have available some of these: the Rock Church, Sibelius Monument, Parliament House.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I come to pick you up from a cruise ship terminal, airport or your hotel / accommodation in Helsinki area.
End location: I drive you back to your accommodation or a cruise ship terminal.
Duration: 6 hours
Six hours is minimum time for this tour. If your schedule allows it's good idea to spend some more time like 7 hours. I never count hours on my tours so total length is up to your preferences.
We travel by a station wagon family car. The car is spacious and comfortable for 3 adult passengers.
- My services as your personal tour guide and driver.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 Euro - This is per person for restaurants or cafes. The credit cards are accepted in the all shops and restaurants
We can stop by a cafe or restaurant in Porvoo or Helsinki.