Finnish Design and Urban nature
Finland's biggest attractions are its interesting design and its beautiful, clean and fresh Finnish nature. These two can be combined on our tour in the districts of Arabia and Viikki- the place where Helsinki was first founded in the year 1550.
Enjoy the beautiful Finnish many-sided nature, its plants and fauna just a few steps away from the city's hustle, meet the sheep spending their holidays on the island of Kuusiluoto (only during summer), hear about how the city of Helsinki was born and other interesting stories of the surroundings and the area!
The tour will end at the Iittala & Arabia Design center, two of Finland's most celebrated design and lifestyle brands, where you will have a little tour and get 15% discount vouchers if you want to purchase Iittala/Arabia products.
* The tour can be made as described only during the summer season. However, the Iittala & Arabia Design center is open all year round, so a visit to the center only is also possible. Please, contact me for more information.
- Meeting at the entrance of the Iittala & Arabia Design center and walking towards the beautiful island of Kuusiluoto (about 2, 5-3 km, 30-45min)
- Walking and enjoying the nature and hearing stories of the city of Helsinki and its history
- Meeting the sheep at Kuusiluoto
- Walking back to the Design center and guided tour at the center (30min-1h)
- Tour ends, possibility to stay and do shopping.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The tour will start at the entrance of the Iittala & Arabia centre (Hämeentie 135)
End location: The tour will end at the Iittala & Arabia Design centre. You will be able to stay at the centre after the tour for shopping. I will show and explain to you how to return back to the center/your hotel/harbor on public transport
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
The duration of the tour depends on the walking speed during the nature walk.
Nature walk with guide (note: the guide is not a wilderness guide, nor a bird watcher!), guided tour at the Iittala & Arabia Design centre (1/2h-1h) and if you want there will be discount vouchers for shopping at the end (-15%).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 € - You can reach the meeting location for the tour by public transport (day travel pass 8€) or by taxi, which would be about 20€/course (city center).
Bring good shoes and depending on the weather warm clothes (we are near the sea) and raincoats.
Transport to the meeting location.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.