Enjoy a 4.5-hour tour
The 4-5 hour Old City Tour & Beer Tasting is a perfect way to see the best of Helsinki in less than half a day.
I will meet you next to the statue of Alexander II at the Senate Square. This is the very heart of Helsinki city and the place where your tour will start.
During the tour, you will see some of the most iconic places of central Helsinki as well as a visit to a famous local microbrewery. If you are struggling for the time then I am happy to accommodate your request with flexibility.
Afterwards, we will take a walk through the old streets on our way to a 'Behind the Scenes' Tour of a famous micro Brewery.
- Senate Square - Neoclassical architecture
- Helsinki Cathedral - Iconic Lutheran church
- The House of the Estates - Neo-renaissance building
- Beautiful harbor viewpoint - A great place for taking photos
- Uspenski Cathedral - Largest Orthodox church in Western Europe
- Market Square - Mingle with the locals and buy some gifts
- Old out-of-the-way streets of central Helsinki
- Famous Local Micro Brewery - a perfect place for beer lovers.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At the Senate Square next to the statue of Alexander II. If necessary, I can also meet you at your hotel or other place at your convenience. Please, let me know in advance if you want to be picked up.
End location: The tour will end in a beautiful design district area of Helsinki, in a local brewery. If agreed in advance, I will be able to take you back to any place at your convenience.
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
We would spend about 2.5 hours walking around the Old Centre of Helsinki. We will spend the rest of the time in a local brewery trying Finnish beers and learn about the art of beer making.
- Walking tour of Historic Helsinki
- Beer tasting
- 'Behind the scenes' tour of a brewery with a knowledgeable Brewer.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euros - You might need some cash available if you would like to purchase souvenirs from the market square or try local foods at the market hall.
You can also buy snacks in the brewery that we will visit.
I often have requests surrounding a guided tour of Suomenlinna island. As the Island is a UNESCO heritage site, it is not permitted to give guided tours. I am however happy to accompany you to the island and to take a relaxing walk with you.