Catch a salmon and match it with wine
Join Bex your experienced and fun loving local guide for an exhilarating helicopter ride over scenic Central Otago. Your destination is a beautiful vineyard with a private salmon lake. Here you can catch your fish and have it for your lunch (smoked or sashimi) and matched with a selection of 6 superb local wines.
- Bex to travel with you as your guide for the day
- Pickup from your cruise ship or accommodation
- Transfer to helicopter pad
- Helicopter flight over the Otago Peninsula and coast to the man made lakes of Benmore and Aviemore.
- Views of Mount Cook are visible on fine days
- Catch you own salmon and feed our giant wild rainbow trout
- Have your salmon sashimi style or smoked matched with 6 local wines, fresh breads and dips.
- Return to your cruise ship
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 5 hours 30 min.
Tour duration is approx 6 hours. I am very flexible and do not mind adding extra value where and when we can. Please note on days where bad weather cannot be avoided I will ensure you have other options to do.
When transfering to the helicopter we will travel in our modern 2016 Toyotoa Hi- Ace Vans fully air conditioned, immaculate and clean with a PA system for ease of hearing. Vans can seat 12 pax - bigger vehicles available on request ( 18 and 25 seaters.) Your Helicopter is a 6 seater Bell 206 Longranger or bigger heli by request that can seat up to 9 pax
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 NZ Dollars - Lunch is provided at the winery and consists of a smoked / sashimi freshly caught salmon ( caught by you) mixed with platters of bread, dips, cheeses and condiments and is matched with 6 local wine tastings. Extra wine available at your own cost
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks