discover city of izmir as local
İzmir is a metropolitan city in the western extremity of Anatolia and the third largest city in Turkey, after Istanbul and Ankara. It is one of the most westernized cities in Turkey. İzmir's metropolitan area extends along the outlying waters of the Gulf of İzmir. The ancient city was known as Smyrna , and the city was generally referred to as Smyrna in English, until the Turkish adoption of the Latin alphabet in 1928 made "İzmir" the internationally recognized name.
Discover the magic and history of Izmir on this half-day tour. Izmir, home throughout the ages to Hittites, the empire of Alexander the Great and the Romans, has plenty to offer.
Join me and experience the essential Izmir.
** Enjoy this 4-hour tour
**Visit Art and History Museum where all artifacts can be seen about history of city.
** Ancient Smryna Agora which is known best archeological site from roman period.
** Visit the Izmir Clock Tower, the symbol of Izmir
** Walking at streets of Kemeralti where local coffee shops, restaurants, shops are located.
** Panaromic old elevator located in old jewish neigbourhood
**Drive back to hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your hotel at city center :))
End location: Finish at hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Will be walking tour depanding on your requests we can use public transportation during the tour ..
***Guiding by Professional Licenced Tour.
*** Brand New ac Van with driver
*** gas / parkings
*** % 100 Satisfaction.
Some of the benefits of hiring a private guide
Comfort and privacy:
* Private tours are for your party only, they start at the time of your choice and go at your own the places you really want to see.
* Negotiate the lowest price about shopping.
* Photography assistance
* Security (knowing where, how, when)
* Negotiating prices when shopping - prevent overpaying
* Teaching you local customs, religion, culture, taboos
* Introducing you to local people
* Reading the menu and ordering food
* Help at banks, food stores, fruit stands with the possible language barrier
* Health - knowing how to get you to a doctor or hospital fast
* A Turkish friend for life - priceless!!
Estimated Local Cash Needed
35 lira - Fee for museum ... 5 lira
Fee for agora ... 5 lira
İf desired lunch is 25 lira
Fee for sites.
Lunch if desired
According to Turkish law tours can be organize only by Travel agency so tour are listed here done by A class Travel agency code 8446
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our Private Half Day City Tour was satisfactory. We had asked for just sight seeing & to skip the museums. Our guide showed the relevant sights as mentioned in the website.