Discover the best of the city with me
This tour is ideal for those, who like walking and don't mind getting around using the public transport. It shows you around the whole city and covers all the major sights. Also, it's the best choice for orientation and to know your way around.
Wherever we can, we will discover the sights on foot, then we will hop on a tram or a bus or the historical Millenium Underground. Budapest has great public transportation which makes this tour very enjoyable and cost-effective.
To make it as convenient for you as can be, of course I will take care of the passes, so you don't have to worry about that.
I can give you a lot of recommendations regarding programmes, places, etc. for the rest of your stay so that you can spend your time the way you want and avoid the tourist traps. The passes that we buy are valid for longer period so you can use them later on, as well.
Based on your interests the tours can vary, but in general we will cover all the must-sees:
- Andrassy Avenue, which is part of the Unesco World heritage, with the Opera House and the neo-renessaince palaces
- Heroes Square and the surrounding city park with the famous Szechenyi Spa and a fairy-tale like castle
- Saint Stephen's cathedral and its charming neighbourhood
- Explore the historical Castle district with the Matthias Church and the Fisherman's Bastion with a magnificent view, which became emblematic of Budapest
- during the tour we can stop for a coffee or cake any time, in this case I will take you to one of the most beautiful and historical cafes of the city
Don't hesitate to contact me before the tour, so I can fully customize it to your needs and interests!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: usually hotel/boat lobby
End location: We can finish at your hotel or anywhere you you decide
Duration: 4 hours
Walking and public transport
- My guiding service in English
- a strudel at the Central Market Hall if we visit
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 Huf - roughly 20 usd - this covers public transport pass, entrance fees
- public transport daily pass (about 7 usd)
- any food or drink you decide to buy during the tour
- any entrance tickets (a few dollars per person)
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a great morning with Melinda! She was very knowledgeable and gave us a great background of the history of the city. She also gave us a wonderful recommendation for a lunch restaurant.