A walking tour of Slovenian capital with a private guide
Why not take a half-day tour of Ljubljana to explore the most beautiful sights around the city in a relaxed manner, and to get to know all those interesting things that you cannot find in a guide book? I would be delighted to take you around our capital city, tell you how Slovenians lived by the river and on the river in the past and how they live today, and give you some tips on what to do and see during the rest of your stay in Ljubljana or Slovenia.
There will also be time to unwind with a sip of our traditional honey liqueur, to taste milk from the milk vending machine and sample quality local produce at the market.
Perhaps you'd rather include a visit to some small but very unique shops? - No problem, just let me know, I am your local expert. I prefer customized tours so we can change the itinerary so as to meet your wishes.
- go past the Ljubljana Secession buildings
- stop to admire and discuss the Prešeren monument
- cross the river Ljubljanica
- stroll along the Plečnik's Marketplace
- visit the Cathedral and Town Hall
- get a view of the city from the Castle
- continue through the oldest part of Ljubljana
- admire Plečnik's National and University Library
- stop in Congress Square. . . and much more.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: pick up at a location of your choice in Ljubljana
End location: at your start location
Duration: 5 hours
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - refreshments, coffee, post cards...
I am not allowed to give tours inside museums.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Stasia was a fantastic guide...even gave us some great pre/post Ljublana suggestions for things to see and do in the surrounding countryside. She was extremely knowledgeable, very pleasant and just fun to spend time with. Her English was great. Highly recommend her!