Visit a Unesco site one of Sicily's best nature reserve
"Please before booking always contact me, also we can move the experience starting time and date to suit you. Don't be shy drop me a message for any information. "
Pantalica is the oldest burial site in Europe, with over 500 tombs carved into the limestone rockfaces. It is situated in one the most beautiful and dramatic valleys in Sicily. A place filled with mystery and the timeless flourish of nature.
Pantalica is a natural reserve, with its breathtaking beauty and historic importance recognised as a World Heritage Site under the Unesco scheme. We will take a tour of the most important archeological places, experiencing the lush nature in which primitive people thrived in possibly Europe's biggest settlement of the bronze age. We will walk down to refresh and swim in the clear water of the Calcinara River.
- Pick up at your accomodation
- driving through stunning countryside road with incredibile view of the canyon
- pantalica has 3 main stop with the car with 20 min walk for each stop
- stop 1 : view of Arabic Cave house
- stop 2 : view of the biggest and oldest megalithic palace 4000 years old , called the Palace of the Prince
- stop 3 : walk down in the canyon to view the stunning necopoli carved into the clif, we will get down to the river with possibility to swim in the most beautiful fresh water pool, a real paradise.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
We can extend the number of participants by hiring different vehicles with private driver for exstra cost, please do not hesitate to enquire for prices.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 Euro - There is no entrance fee, the local payment all depend in which lunch we will decide to take. I always advise pick nick by the river, but there are some amazing stunning restaurant with organic local produce around the area of Pantalica.
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My 2 adult children, two grandchildren and I enjoyed a perfect day out with Carlo. His English is very good, and his knowledge of the culture and local natural environment is top-notch. Carlo was a pleasure to be with and very accommodating to our needs. We feel like we made a friend in Sicily. I would definitely give him a 5 out of 5 rating.