Waterfall Gullfoss, Geothermal area Geysir and National Park Thingvellir
We drive to the national park Thingvellir, world heritage site since 2004 wherer the North-American tectonic and the Eurasian tectonic plates drift apart. Thingvellir is the site of the parliament founded in 930. We drive through the national park on the way to Europe crossing the no man land in between. We proceed to golden waterfall Gullfoss and visit the Geysir geothermal area with the beautiful spouting hot springs. This tour is a great introduction to Iceland, both because of history and geology.
During the tour we can take a break at a farm restaurant where you can have lunch or taste the farm ice cream. Or - if you prefer - we can take a break at a tomato hothouse restaurant where you can enjoy the tomato delicacies at the restaurant.
Extra: Optional stops for activities, e. g. the geothermal exhibition, the Secret Lagoon, crater Kerid. Extra price. I can easily create a customized tour for you in case you have any special requests or if you are more than 4 people and need a larger vehicle.
* Nesjavellir area (summer only)
* Volcano Hengill - passing
* Lake Thingvallavatn - a break
* National park Thingvellir - short sightseeing walk if you like, just to see it a bit better.
* Lyngdalsheidi plateau - crossing
* Driving through Laugarvatn village and lake
* Geothermal area Geysir with geysers spouting hot water and steam - break
* Golden waterfall Gullfoss - break
* Lunch at hothouse restaurant Fridheimar? Reservation needed. Other options: Mushroom restaurant or barn restaurant.
* Olfusa river
* Passing town Selfoss
* Passing flower town Hveragerdi, break for coffee if time permits.
* Hellisheidi plateau on the way to Reykjavik
* Cave café with optional extra tour at ISK 2000 per person
* Crater Kerid at ISK 400 per person
* Secret Lagoon for bathing at extra ISK 3000
* Fontana Spa for bathing at extra ISK 4000
Recommended pick-up in Reykjavik at 9. 30am from November to February because of daylight. Please notice that other pick-up times are possible depending on your schedule!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
The tour duration is affected by duration of the breaks. Weather and road conditions can affect the tour duration during winter. The tour can be cancelled in winter if there is a storm warning in the area.
Motorized vehicle. I have professional driver's license so I can drive any vehicle you like.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5000 1USD=ISK100 - If you want to have lunch the cost varies from ISK 1500 (soup) per person up to 3000 per person. A cup of coffee is ISK 250 to ISK 450 per person. Extra stops available at ISK 400 - ISK 1500 per place.
If you need to take your wheelchair or other special equipment with you then I might need to rent a special vehicle. Please let me know about this at the beginning of our communications.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
What a day we had! Gudrun was most enjoyable and so,so knowledgeable. She also accommodated our touring wishes. Our trip to Iceland will be a memory not soon forgotten.