The one and only
This tour is a perfect way of seeing a lot of different nature in one day. This tour is for all ages and no physical activity such as hiking is required.
You will see the magnificent Gullfoss waterfall and the powerful Geysir along with the national park Thingvellir and Kerid volcanic crater lake. The nature you will see on this tour is absolutely stunning!
I will take you on a private tour in a modern vehicle with AC and all the latest equipment needed on board.
I want to make this trip memorable for you. Please tell me if you have any special requests and desires.
• First stop is at Kerið a volcanic crater lake.
• From there we go on to Gullfoss waterfall that falls 200 feet into a canyon.
• Then we will head down to the famous Geysir area and see Strokkur, hot spring, spout boiling water into the air.
• Next stop is for lunch at Friðheimar a tomato farm. The theme of Friðheimar cuisine is tomatoes, in many different forms. And that's not surprising, as four different varieties of tomato are cultivated in the greenhouses where lunch is served among the plants. A rare food experience.
If on the other hand if you have kids on the tour I would recommend going to Efstidalur, a farm who sells products made on the spot such as ice cream, cheese, and other dairy products. The kids can pet the calves and the dogs on the farm and you can all have lunch on the second floor where you can have a view over the cowshed.
• We make our way back to Reykjavík after lunch through Þingvellir national park. Þingvellir is a site of historical, cultural, and geological importance.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your accommodation on your own request from approx. 7-10 am.
End location: I will drop you off where you request.
Duration: 8 hours
The tour takes approx. 8 hours.
Group size 1-4 passengers i would use Toyota Land cruiser 150 brand new.
Group size 5-8 a Reno Traffic brand new.
Bigger groups a Mercedes Benz sprinter.
• Transportation, gas, taxes and guidance.
• I will be serving traditional Icelandic delicacy which would include tasting of hákarl (shark), harðfiskur (dried fish) and Brennivín (black death).
• If requested I can have water (for free), soft drinks and/or beer on the transportation for a small fee.
• If there's snow and there are kids on the tour I can have a toboggan/sleds on board and we can make a little stop to let them play in the snow.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
4900 ISK - Entry fee at Kerið is 3,50 USD, 400 ISK per person
Lunch at Friðheimar (soup, quesedia and pasta with bread) with a drink is about 26 USD, 3000 ISK per person
Lunch at Efstidalur (hamburger, steak, sandwich and more) with a drink is about 40 USD, 4500 ISK per person
• Be sure to have some Icelandic coins with you for you could have to pay for going to the restroom 100-200 ISK.
• You can pay by credit card almost everywhere but it doesn't hurt to have a little cash on hand.
• Your lunch/snack during the tour
• You will need to dress properly for the weather
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Birkir was fabulous. We were a group of eight and he made sure we got to experience the Golden Circle at its best. He was lots of fun and did an excellent job of giving us the history and culture of Iceland. He also gave us some points of interest to ask about for another tour we were doing. Very willing to accommodate our wants and needs.