Itinerary adapted for kids
This Golden Circle trip is ideal for families with young kids. We will go see the Gullfoss waterfall and the Geysir area along with taking a trip to Slakki petting zoo for the kids.
I will take you on a private tour in a modern vehicle with AC and all the latest equipment needed on board.
I want to make this trip memorable for you. Please tell me if you have any special requests and desires.
*This tour is only Available from May 1st to August 31st**
• First stop is at Kerið a volcanic crater lake.
• From there we go on to Gullfoss waterfall that falls 200 feet into a canyon.
• Then we will head down to the famous Geysir area and see Strokkur, hot spring, spout boiling water into the air.
• After we have seen all the nature we go to Slakki petting zoo for fun, entertainment, and lunch. The kids will love this place!
At Slakki Zoo, you can enjoy the beautiful countryside while getting to know the Icelandic farm animals. Slakki also offers a range of entertainment, two billiard tables, a mini golf course, an elaborate amusement arcade and playgrounds to name a few. Parents can simply sit down and relax while the children run off to play and explore the zoo. Slakki has a café that offers coffee and homemade refreshments, delicious hamburgers and mouth-watering desserts, ice cream and such.
• After this day of fun, we head back to Reykjavík.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up at your accommodation on your own request from approx. 7-10am
End location: I will drop you off where you request.
Duration: 8 hours
The trip is approx. 8 hours
Group size 1-4 passengers i would use Toyota Land cruiser 150 brand new.
Group size 5-8 a Reno Traffic brand new.
Bigger groups a Mercedes Benz sprinter.
• Transportation, gas, taxes and guidance.
• I will be serving traditional Icelandic delicacy which would include tasting of hákarl (shark), harðfiskur (dried fish) and Brennivín (black death).
• If requested I can have water (for free), soft drinks and/or beer on the transportation for a small fee.
• If there's snow and there are kids on the tour I can have a toboggan/sleds on board and we can take a little stop to let them play in the snow.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3400 ISK - Entry fee at Kerið is 3,50 USD, 400 ISK per person.
You will have to pay entry fee at Slakki Petting Zoo approx. 9 USD, 1000 ISK per person.
Lunch at Slakki Petting Zoo is about 18 USD, 2000 ISK per person
You can pay by cash or credit card at Kerið and also at the petting zoo for entry and lunch
• Be sure to have some Icelandic coins with you for you could have to pay for going to the restroom.
• You can pay by credit card almost everywhere but it doesn't hurt to have a little cash on hand.
• Entrance fees to the Petting zoo
• You will need to dress properly for the weather