The magic of the shore excursion with private guide
The tour is based on the series TV show "The Game of Thrones". . .
Start the tour exploring the Roman Emperor Diocletian's Palace in Split. Within stone walls, you'll visit several filming locations including Daenarys' throne room and the streets of Meereen - a maze through the 1700-years-old town (Season 4).
We'll get later to the Klis Fortress, a stone castle perched on top of a mountain from where we'll have one ot the best views over the town of Split. Klis was the setting for many of the outdoor scenes of Meereen (Season 4).
Finally Žrnovnica, a settlement, a river and a quarry next to Split: Daario Naharis vs Champion of Meereen scene (S04E03). . . the river Žrnovnica where Missandei showed her natural beauty heaving a bath (S04E08). . .
"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground. " - Cersei Lannister
* lunch with a traditional Dalmatian meal on the filming location could be added after the tour next to a 700-years-old water mill - Žrnovnica river
- Split city locations
- Klis fortress location
- Žrnovnica locations
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Split and Split region (on demand)
End location: Split and Split region (on demand)
Duration: 5 hours
Transport based tour with car or minivan.
Type of car:
family crossover vehicle
Suzuki S-Cross 2014
with full comfort
The price includes:
- ALL the entrance fees to the filming sites in Split, Klis and Žrnovnica
- tour arranging and planning costs
- me as your private experienced licensed tour guide
- travel costs (where needed) and taxes
- plus driver's fees (where needed)
- A/C rent a car
- parking costs.
It will not be a problem to accommodate bigger groups. Please contact me and I'll customize a tour suitable to your needs...
Estimated Local Cash Needed
200 Croatian Kuna - for lunch/dinner (if wanted)
Meals are not included in the price.
- Lunch/dinner could be added after the sightseeing and it's an absolute top dish in the area: "Dalmatian peka" (dishes under the lid).
- A "Peka" is a baked dish with meat and vegetables made in a pot or a tray, the pot is put into the embers of a fireplace under "the bell" (under the lid). In many houses here in Dalmatia is a traditional home-made specialty, especially in the country side.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We spent an excellent, fast paced, educational day with Frane! We visited Trogir, Klis Fortress, a quarry where Game of Thrones filmed, and Diocletian's Palace. Frane is very knowledgable about his hometown and its history, and shared his knowledge & patiently answered our questions throughout the day. Frane's English is excellent and he knows Game of Thrones very well. We highly recommend Frane!!