Visit the masterpiece by Michelangelo in the museum expressly built to house it.
This tour is specifically devoted to David by Michelangelo, a masterpiece which through time has become iconic of Italian culture around the world, being repeatedly reproduced in the most various contexts anywhere in the world.
You will learn about its inception, his author and get to see other works by Michelangelo.
You'll get familiar with Michelangelo's own ideas about his art and how he proceeded to create this and other masterpieces.
We will proceed to visit other works of art present inside the Accademia. We will then walk through the streets of Florence where we will see the original location of the masterpiece before it was moved to its present location due to preservation and security issues, stressing the political and ideological implications behind such a choice.
At the end of our visit, we will take a good glass of Tuscan wine optional or a coffee to wrap-up a memorable visit! It's up to you to choose between a sun-soaked terrace or a traditional wine-seller where local folks go.
- Meet at a convenient location, which might be in front of the Accademia itself
- Enter the galleria, visit the David and other artworks present
- Walk to Piazza della Signoria, in order to see the original context where the sculpture was intended to be, now replaced by a life-like identical copy
- Take a glass of wine, aperitivo or coffee to wrap-up a memorable visit!
**Note:** This tour can be customized due to your preference, please ask me for a quote, and I will send you a customized tour for booking.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building, Suggested by Guide: A good place to meet is in front of the Galleria dell' Accademia museum.
Duration: 2 hours
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - Per person for:
- Aperitivo, Food, Wine, Drinks, Snacks, Coffee.
- Museum tickets.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks