Explore Perugia, the Queen of Italian Hill Towns
Perugia, "The Queen of the hill towns" as John Symonds loved to call it, has always been praised for its very striking views…. And they certainly are a great attraction, but wandering the hills and the backstreets of Perugia's central rioni will give you the real feel of this fascinating city, which has elegance and edginess in equal measure.
Known for its 14th century University, one of the oldest of Europe, Perugia is one of Italy's most underrated destinations filled with traces of an ancient past, from the Etruscans times to Middle Ages and to Renaissance, complemented by a host of new bars, cafes and boutiques.
With one of the biggest historical centers of Italy, Perugia has an enchanting piazza with medieval buildings such as the Palazzo dei Priori, the Major Fountain, masterpiece of Giovanni and Nicola Pisano, and the gothic cathedral. . as well as an underground area which is not to be missed!
I will be happy to customize this tour according to your needs!
Our walking tour starts from an agreed location;
- Rocca Paolina (a city within the city);
- the Carducci gardens to enjoy the striking views of Perugia;
- the main square with its outstanding buildings;
- the Etruscan Arch;
- the hidden privately owned Baroque Oratorio Dei Nobili;
I can customize the tour with the suggested options:
- for the brave ones a descend to the top of the 13th century Sciri Tower to enjoy a 360° view of Perugia;
- for the art lovers a full immersion in Renaissance art in search of Perugino and Raphael in the National Art Gallery of Umbria and in the Collegio del Cambio;
- for the explores: the underground city!
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 6 hours
This is a walking tour.
Transportation can be arranged if requested.
- Guiding Services
- Admission Tickets
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 euro - We will stop to enjoy a nice lunch in a local trattoria to taste local products and of course you can't live Perugia without tasting our famous chocolates !
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.