Enjoy the lagoon city in a 6 hours long tour
From your hotel, railway station or bus terminal in Venice this 6 hours full day tour will introduce you into Venice's main facts, landmarks and locations.
The tour starts with a boat ride to introduce you to the city through is water ambiance crossing parts of the Grand Canal, some of the inner canals and the broadest and most panoramic water areas.
The walking part will start in a most secluded part of town away from the tourist crwods where the old urban fabric is still preserved and where local life still rules, and this is the most far away of the Castello district.
From there, as we'll walk to the city center will pass by the main Arsenal's gate and the old cloisters in the Franciscan church.
After lunch we'll get to St. Mark's square and visit St. Mark's church with most of its treasures indoors.
And the tour will conclude in the Rialto market area the ideal place where to rest sitting at any of the bars and cafeterias overlooking the canal. Or at any other point of your convenience.
- Boat ride through the canals with parts of the Grand Canal and panoramic water areas
- Extensive walk in the less touristic part of town in the far end of the Castello district passyng by the old Arsenal's gate and the old Franciscan cloisters.
- lunch will follow at your guide's choice in a local place (lunch not included)
- After lunch walk through St. Mark's square and visit the church indoors.
- Continue through the central district with its main landmarks to end at the old merchants square in Rialto.
- as this is a full private tour the end of the tour can be decided together according to your preferences.
- the itinerary can be different according to the starting point, we can always fix details together when exchanging emails.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: You can choose these starting points:
- your hotel in Venice
- main car and bus terminal (piazzale Roma)
- main railway station (Santa Lucia)
End location: Most times will be in the Rialto area although we can decide together according to your preferences.
Duration: 6 hours
To enter St. Mark's Church:
NO to short pants, miniksirts, sleeveless shirts, bare shoulders
YES to bermuda pants, knee long skirts, T or Polo shirts, a scarf to cover shoulders.
Backpacks are not permitted inside to be dropped off in deposit before entering the building.
St. Mark's is open:
Nov to June MON>SAT 09.45>17:00 SUN+HOL 14.00>16:00
June to Nov MON>SAT 09.45>17:00 SUN+HOL 14.00>17:00
On a 6 hours tour 5:15 minutes will be on foot and 0:50 minutes on a boat.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 euro - It is entirely up to you about how much money you want to bring.
Consider personal expenses like food, drinks, souvenirs etc.
Licensed Guides in Venice have no restrictions at all.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
My wife and I did a day tour of Venice with Fernando in October. We enjoyed it very much and found Fernando to be delightful. The first part was a boat tour of the canals followed by a walking tour of the city. Fernando was very knowledgeable about the history, methods of construction or the buildings etc. All in all a great day.