1 day hike, swim. explore and relax at the waterfall
The best way to see the beautiful Kuang Si Waterfall is by trekking a lush forest trail that winds through local villages and offers views of Lao mountain landscapes. This three-to-four hour trek brings you to the refreshing turquoise pools at the falls where you'll have time to cool down, swim and enjoy the Kuang Si Waterfall Nature Reserve and Bear Rescue Center.
JUNGLE TREK TO KUANG SI WATERFALL FROM LONG LAO VILLAGE
- Drive From town to town around 30 minuses, Before we begin our hike, we can explore the life and culture of this village where khamu and Hmong people live.
-Continue trekking into the mountainous Lao countryside of Luang Prabang. Hiking along you will pass orchards, rice fields, and vegetable gardens and before reaching the forested mountains with quite wild jungle scenery and some graded climbs.
- In the afternoon you will arrive at the crystal clear Kuang Si Waterfall, where we will have plenty of time to relax and swim.
While in the Kuang Si Waterfall park, you should visit the Kuang Si Bear Rescue Sanctuary You can find great information about Asian sun and moon bears and the Free the Bears protection program.
- We'll return late afternoon by vehicle with a stop along the way for a guided tour of an interesting small Hmong Museum built by locals to show their life and culture. The tour concludes late afternoon in Luang Prabang.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: Back to your hotel again
Duration: 8 hours
Total trekking distance is 9 km (5.5 mi) medium difficulty, slippery when wet.
private air-conditioned Minivan
Transportation (about 2 hours total driving time)
• English-speaking, local licensed guides
• Lunch (vegetarian option available), fresh fruit, and drinking water
• Entrance fees
Estimated Local Cash Needed
300000 Kip - For personal expenses
There are no extras for this tour, however you might want to bring some cash to cover your personal expenses for the day.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jay was very knowledgeable, friendly and kind. I would highly recommend choosing him for a tour in Luang Prabang.