Discover the taste of the typical italian cuisine through this amazing walking tour
Join me on this walking tour to have a taste of some of the best food in the Eternal City.
This culinary adventure starts in the so called square named Campo de'Fiori. In the popular food market, where stalls overflow with fresh veggies, meats and cheeses, you can take the chance to taste all kind of spices and the typical Italian olive oil. Here you can also eat the typical slices of pizza called "pizza al taglio" , in the most popular oven of the City.
Soon after we will move to the near Jewish Ghetto where I can take you to a celebrated local winehouse to enjoy a glass of red wine together with a selection of local cold-cuts.
Then we will have a taste of two kinds of pasta and artichoke in the famous Jewish recipe in one of the best restaurant of the Ghetto.
Other than that, this tour will allow you to see some of the most popular places of Rome.
- Meeting point at Campo de'Fiori, next to the fountain
- Visit of Campo dei fiori open-air market and tasting of the typical slice of pizza called "Pizza al taglio" and a taste of "Mozzarella cheese"
- Visit of Piazza Navona and then Piazza Farnese
- Wine and cold-cuts tasting at a local winery at the Jewish Ghetto with visit to the Fountain of the Turtles (Piazza Mattei)
- Walk in the area of Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto. (Visit to the Portico d'Ottavia and the Teatro di Marcello)
- Stop in one of the best restaurants in the Jewish Ghetto with a taste of pasta and the typical "Carciofo alla Giudia" (hartichok) made according to the famous Jewish recipe.
- End of the visit to Piazza Giudìa and a taste of desserts made with ricotta and coconut.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 3 hours
This is a walking tour.
No transportation included.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - slice of pizza, light lunch with wine and cold-cuts tasting,
According to italian laws, I'm able to guide you inside museums, archaeological areas , cities and any sites.
I'm not a licensed driver.
For tour including private transportation my trusted professional driver will be at your disposal.