An intense tour to discover one of the most beautiful hidden trasures of the City
I will take you to discover the world's oldest Jewish ghetto. We will visit this small neighborhood delimited by the Tiber river on one side and Venice Square on the other side. The quarter was enclosed within the walls in 1555 under Pope Paul IV who revoked all rights granted to the Roman Jews. Visiting this area is a really strong cultural and religious experience, due also to the Synagoghe and the Jewish museum.
***The Jewish Museum closing days in 2018***
- On Saturdays
- March 1st
- April 5th, 6th, 7th and 19th
- May 20th and 21st
- July 22nd
- September 9th, 10th, 11th, 18th, 19th, 23rd, 24th and 25th
- October 1st and 2nd
- Meeting me at the entrance of the Synaghogue
- Visit the Great Synagogue and the Jewish museum, with an internal Jewish guide
- Visit the ruins of the Theater of Marcello and Porticus of Ottavia, where a large fish market was set in ancient times
- Walk through Piazza Giudea, Vicolo della Reginella, Piazza Mattei (with its beautiful fountain of the turtles) , Via dei falegnami, Piazza Margana and piazza in Campitelli.
- Walk through Via del Portico d'Ottavia and Piazza delle Cinque Scole, where there were all the liturgical Jewish schools.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The entrance of the Synaghogue, on the river side
End location: The entrance of the Synaghogue, on the river side
Duration: 3 hours
This is a walking tour.
No transportation included.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
15 EUR - personal expenses
All my tours can be customized to meet your needs, please send me your inquiry and I will make an itinerary just for you!