Rhododendron and Azalea Hybrids created by Lionel de Rothschild
Join me on a tour of the world famous Exbury Gardens.
The gardens are split into 3 woods.
We shall take a walking tour around Home Wood, and see some of the Rhododendron and Azalea hybrids created by Lionel de Rothschild, a descendant of the banking family.
There will also be the opportunity to take a ride on a model steam train and see around Yard Wood.
The gardens also have a cafe, and gift shop where you can buy gardening books and souvenirs.
The best time to visit the Gardens is in April and May when the Rhododendrons and Azaleas are in full bloom. (There are other plants in bloom during the rest of the year).
https://www. exbury. co. uk
* Pick up from the cruise ship terminal or central Southampton hotel
* Drive to Exbury Gardens
* Guided tour of the highlights of the gardens
* Train ride
* Time for refreshments and visit the gift shop - food and drink
* Drive back to the hotel or cruise ship terminal.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Port of Southampton cruise ship terminal or hotel in central Southampton.
End location: Back to your hotel or cruise ship terminal.
Duration: 5 hours
As this is a garden visit, we cannot guarantee the weather, so be prepared.
It is important to have the appropriate footwear.
We will travel by car or minibus to the venue.
The vehicle will be modern and comfortable.
* Transport to the venue and back to Southampton
* An interesting and entertaining Tourist Guide :-)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 British Pound Sterling - * Entrance to the Gardens and Train ride
* Guide book
* Lunch and / or refreshments
The above figure is per person and only an approximate guideline.
* Entrance fee to the Gardens and Steam Train ride: https://www.exbury.co.uk/Tickets_Opening_Times1.html
* Food and drinks
I am not a driver guide.