Customized Private Tour + Private Van + Driver
DMZ also known as Demilitarized Zone is a buffer zone between South and North Korea along the border and it's one of the most visited places in South Korea by the tourists.
You can customize the itinerary to visit both DMZ and few different places in Seoul in a day!
DMZ (Imjingak Park) - ID check at Civilian Control Line - The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel (Highlight of the DMZ tour) - Dorsan Observatory - Dorsan Train Station - Unification Village - Lunch - Seoul Tour (Choose 1-2 places in Seoul such as the Traditional Market, Palace, Traditional Village, etc. The number of the places to tour around in Seoul will depend on the time we have left after the DMZ tour).
*It is mandatory that we switch to a DMZ shuttle bus joining with other tourists since we're entering the restricted military area and there will be some photo restrictions during the tour.
* If you wish you visit the actual border (JSA Tour) please send me an inquiry.
* Please refer to the ITINERARY section below for more details.
You can customize the itinerary to visit both DMZ and a few different places in Seoul in a day!
1. Meet at the lobby of your hotel
2. 1 hr drive to Imjingak Park:Transfer to a shuttle bus
3. ID check at Civilian Control Line
4. Cross the Unification Bridge
5. The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel: Explore the tunnel made by North Korea and you will find yourself only 170m away from the actual border inside the tunnel! (Highlight of the DMZ tour)
6. Dorasan Observatory: A glimpse of North Korea using a binocular and you might be able to see some North Korean farmers if you're lucky!
7. Dorsan Train Station: Northern-most train station in South Korea, the tracks are connected to North Korea
8. Unification Village: Locally grown products such as rice and soybeans can be purchased here along with some souvenirs of DMZ.
9. Back to Imjingak Park for Lunch
10. Drive back to Seoul (approx. 1 hour depending on traffic)
11. Seoul Tour: Palace / Traditional Market / Traditional Village / Myeongdong, etc.
12. Back to the hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: lobby of your hotel
End location: lobby of your hotel
Duration: 8 hours
A private van and a friendly local driver will help us navigate around town and to DMZ! I recommend using a private van for a group of less than 6 people.
Professional English-Speaking Tour Guide (8 hours, e.g. 9AM - 5PM)
Private Van + Driver (Pick-up & Drop-off at your hotel are included)
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30000 KRW - Rough estimated amount is around $30 USD per person.
Estimated local cash you need depends on the admission fees of the places you decide to visit and your choice of lunch.
- Admission fees for you and your tour guide
- Meals and any other personal expenses (Water, Coffee, Snacks, etc.)
* Admission fees on some of the main sites are written below in terms of USD per person for your convenience ($1 USD = around 1,100 KRW)
- DMZ: $9-12 (important *DMZ is closed on Mon*)
- Gyeongbok & Changdeok Palace: $3
- Deoksu Palace: $1
- Jongmyo Shrine: $1
- N Seoul Tower Cable Car: $8 round-trip
- N Seoul Tower Observatory: $10
- Samsung Leeum Museum: $10
- Korean Costume Hanbok Experience (Namsangol Village): $5
- Free Admissions: Namsangol Hanok Village, National Museum of Korea, National Folk Museum, Samsung D'light
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a very good tour with super nice Pam!
Bernardus van Schie