Customized Private Tour + Private Van + Driver
DMZ also known as Demilitarized Zone is a buffer zone between South and North Korea along the border and it's one of the most visited places in South Korea by the tourists.
You can customize the itinerary to visit both DMZ and few different places in Seoul in a day!
DMZ (Imjingak Park) - ID check at Civilian Control Line - The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel (Highlight of the DMZ tour) - Dorsan Observatory - Dorsan Train Station - Unification Village - Lunch - Seoul Tour (Choose 1-2 places in Seoul such as the Traditional Market, Palace, Traditional Village, etc. The number of the places to tour around in Seoul will depend on the time we have left after the DMZ tour).
* To enter the DMZ, it is mandatory that we switch to a "DMZ shuttle bus" joining other travelers and locals since we're entering the restricted military area and there will be some photo restrictions during the tour.
You can customize the itinerary to visit both DMZ and a few different places in Seoul in a day!
1. Meet at the lobby of your hotel
2. 1 hr drive to Imjingak Park:Transfer to a shuttle bus
3. ID check at Civilian Control Line
4. Cross the Unification Bridge
5. The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel: Explore the tunnel made by North Korea and you will find yourself only 170m away from the actual border inside the tunnel! (Highlight of the DMZ tour)
6. Dorasan Observatory: A glimpse of North Korea using a binocular and you might be able to see some North Korean farmers if you're lucky!
7. Dorsan Train Station: Northern-most train station in South Korea, the tracks are connected to North Korea
8. Unification Village: Locally grown products such as rice and soybeans can be purchased here along with some souvenirs of DMZ.
9. Back to Imjingak Park for Lunch
10. Drive back to Seoul (approx. 1 hour depending on traffic)
11. Seoul Tour: Palace / Traditional Market / Traditional Village / Myeongdong, etc.
12. Back to the hotel
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Lobby of your hotel or other place in Seoul that's convenient for you.
End location: lobby of your hotel
Duration: 8 hours
A private van and a friendly local driver will help us navigate around town and to DMZ! I recommend using a private van for a group of less than 6 people.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30000 KRW - Rough estimated amount is around $30 USD per person.
Estimated local cash you need depends on the admission fees of the places you decide to visit and your choice of lunch.
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a very good tour with super nice Pam!
Bernardus van Schie