Discover the honeybees : safe and fun ! all with your private guide
Ever wanted to meet the bees safely ?
I can show you the amazing world of the bees at my bee yard.
How this tour works :
1. I give some explanations about the bees, honey and beekeeping. I tell you how to feel safe with the bees.
2. We put the suits on and we begin with an observation on the field, trying to find bees on the flowers. Then we go in front of a beehive and we relax. When everyone feels good, we open the beehive. You'll try to find the queen and see some eggs, between hundreds of bees. You'll really enjoy this experience !
3. We come back at the barn and you taste several kinds of honey.
REALLY IMPORTANT :
- If you are allergic to bees, even if the activity is very safe, you can not get close to hives. When you arrive at the bee yard, you'll sign an official paper in order to confirm this.
- You need to be clean. Avoid perfumes before coming.
We stay at my bee yard.
All the explanations in the barn. With the appropriate and safe clothes on the field and in front of the beehive.
Honey tasting in the barn.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: You have to come at my bee yard in Saint-Henri (Saint-Henri-de-Lévis), near Lévis and Québec (30min from the Old-Quebec-City).
Because I can't add an extra cost to pick you up and drop you off myself outside the beeyard (for example in Quebec City), I'll appreciate you take in consideration these options to come :
- renting a car,
- taking a taxi (approx. 110$ from Old-Quebec-City, round-trip).
If you rent a car : I would be able to give you good advice for your trip here to be worth it by visiting some other good spots in the area.
If it's more convenient for you and if I'm available, I can pick you up for free at the ferry in Lévis' side (in front of Old Quebec) and drop you off there after the initiation.
End location: At my bee yard.
Duration: 2 hours
Because the comfort of the bees is primordial, if it's a rainy, windy or too cold day, the tour will be cancelled and you'll be refunded.
Activity open only in Summer.
There is no transportation with this tour, we meet at the Bee-yard and walk the area.
Complete beekeeping suits for a safe activity, including neat socks and boots.
Supervision and explanations about the bees, honey and beekeeping.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
1 $CAD - Honeybees accept tips : seeds of flowers (I plant them) and refined white sugar (I mostly use it for Winter feeding).
There's no souvenir shop in my bee yard.
No extra cost.
I can't sell my little production of honey. If I do it, I'll become an agro-touristic company and then everything starts to be complex for me.