The Danube Bend tour - where history meets nature
This tour is the perfect opportunity to see a bit of the Hungarian countryside, visit spectacular sights and learn about the country's rich history.
The Danube Bend is no doubt one of the most scenic neighbourhoods in this country, just an hour drive from the capital, an area where natural beauty meets architecture and history.
We will visit the 5th biggest cathedral of Europe, as well as a historic hilltop castle and a picturesque little town - all surrounded by breathtaking scenery. If you would like to discover Hungary beyond Budapest, and spend a pleasant day with amazing views, this is the tour for you!
- We start the day in Esztergom, an hour drive from the capital, where we will visit Europe's 5th biggest CATHEDRAL, which is the biggest one in Hungary. Standing on a HILLTOP, it overlooks the river Danube and the surrounding hills. Amazing view and architecture! We will also have chance to take photos of the cathedral from the other side of the river, as well.
- The next stop is the romantic medieval CASTLE RUIN of Visegrád on a mountaintop, where you get the best VIEW of the Danube Bend and learn about middle age history.
- Lunch break at a great LOCAL RESTAURANT, tasting Hungarian specialities
- In the afternoon we visit SZENTENDRE, a small picturesque artist village with many churches and romantic athmosphere. This charming little village has so much to offer, pretty 18th century houses, lots of exciting museums, art galleries, pastry shops, street artists, cobbled stone streets. .
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Usually hotel/boat lobby.
I can also arrange airport pick up/drop off at a small extra fee. In this case please contact me first for a tailor made proposal
End location: I will take you back to your hotel, but if you wish, of course we can drop you off anywhere in the city
Duration: 8 hours
- comfortable, spacious, air conditioned minivan with private driver, either a Mercedes Viano or similar category vehicle
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10000 Huf - roughly 40 usd: covers entrance tickets, lunch, small souvenirs
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had 3 days in Budapest, and engaged Melinda for all 3 days. On this, the third day, Melinda and her favorite driver Andras met us at 9am at our apartment to begin our full day tour of the Danube Bend area. That tour is fully described in Melinda's description, so I will only say that it met our full expectations. I will use the remaining portion to praise and recommend Melinda (and Andras). We saw many large group tours (ugh!), but a private tour with a guide like Melinda is the only way to go!!!!!