The Danube Bend tour - where history meets nature
This tour is the perfect opportunity to see a bit of the Hungarian countryside, visit spectacular sights and learn about the country's rich history.
The Danube Bend is no doubt one of the most scenic neighbourhoods in this country, just an hour drive from the capital, an area where natural beauty meets architecture and history.
We will visit the 5th biggest cathedral of Europe, as well as a historic hilltop castle and a picturesque little town - all surrounded by breathtaking scenery. If you would like to discover Hungary beyond Budapest, and spend a pleasant day with amazing views, this is the tour for you!
- We start the day in Esztergom, an hour drive from the capital, where we will visit Europe's 5th biggest CATHEDRAL, which is the biggest one in Hungary. Standing on a HILLTOP, it overlooks the river Danube and the surrounding hills. Amazing view and architecture! We will also have chance to take photos of the cathedral from the other side of the river, as well.
- The next stop is the romantic medieval CASTLE RUIN of Visegrád on a mountaintop, where you get the best VIEW of the Danube Bend and learn about middle age history.
- Lunch break at a great LOCAL RESTAURANT, tasting Hungarian specialities
- In the afternoon we visit SZENTENDRE, a small picturesque artist village with many churches and romantic athmosphere. This charming little village has so much to offer, pretty 18th century houses, lots of exciting museums, art galleries, pastry shops, street artists, cobbled stone streets. .
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I will pick you up in your hotel
End location: I will take you back to your hotel, but if you wish, of course we can drop you off anywhere in the city
Duration: 8 hours
- comfortable, spacious, air conditioned minivan with private driver, either a Mercedes Viano or similar category vehicle
- my guiding service in English
- Professional driver, comfortable luxury minivan,
- free mineral water provided
- small complimentary gift to everyone!
- For groups bigger than 5 people: ask me for a custom-made offer! I can arrange even big buses up to 45 people
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Again, another wonderful day spent with Melinda exploring the area outside of Budapest. This was our second tour with her and it was just as good as the first. We enjoyed seeing the countryside and her descriptions of what we were seeing. She really knows what she is talking about and we would recommend her to anyone interested in a private tour.