4.5 hours driving and walking tour with a private guide
This is an excursion to the darkest part of german history. The Dachau Concentration Camp existed from the very beginning of the Nazi Regime until the end of World War II and was used as a model for other camps. As a licensed guide of the KZ-Memorial of Dachau, I will guide you through the historical buildings and the informative exhibition, and try to answer all your questions about this terrible place. . .
On our way through Munich we will stop at several historic sites where Adolf Hitler started his disastrous political career, founded the Nazi-Party, first failed to seize power, . . .
The Concentration Camp Memorial is about 12 miles away from the City Center - which makes it very convenient to go by car (30 minutes)
- I pick you up at your hotel or wherever you want to start the tour in Munich.
- We drive through the City Center and see the most interesting historic places of Munich's 3rd Reich History
- Driving past Munich 1972 Olympic Park, we will reach the Concentration Camp Memorial in about 20 minutes
- At the Momorial, I will guide you through the exhibition and the historic site (approx. 2hs); if you wish, you can also watch the 20 min. documentary movie in the exhibition.
- I drive you back to your Hotel or wherever you wish to go in Munich
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: at your hotel - or wherever you wish inside Munich
End location: at your hotel - or wherever you wish inside Munich (other possible drop-off points if you wish: the City of Dachau, Schleissheim Castle or Schleissheim Airplane Museum, "Allianz Arena" Soccer Stadium, BMW Museum, ...)
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
The duration of this tour may very a little bit, depending on traffic situation
I will drive you in a modern and comfortable air conditioned Minivan (Ford Galaxy, 6 spacious passenger seats)
- My time and knowledge as your private Tour Guide
- Guided Tour at Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial
- Private Transportation by Minivan (pick-up and return in Munich)
- Bottled Water
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - for the Tour itself you just may need some money for a little snack. If you want to visit other sites on the way back, plan for tickets(Allianz-Arena Tour + FCBayern Museum: 20 EUR; Airplane Museum 7 EUR, ...)
snacks - if you are hungry...
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
This is a very solemn place to visit. I have been here several times and Thomas pointed out things and told us things that we did not know. Would recommend Thomas to anyone.