I'm Elton, a local island-boy born and raised in Curaçao who would be more than glad to show you around his island.
As an avid traveller who has visited more than 70 countries so far (probably your country too), my love and appreciation for Curaçao only kept on growing as I travelled more and more. Meeting people from across the globe with different backgrounds and cultures is one of the things I enjoy the most. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the island. It would be an honour to share all this love and appreciation with you and also teach you some Papiamentu if you're interested!
Feel free to request eventual customized activities so I can arrange it all. Send me a message, even when it shows that I'm unavailable.
I hope to see you soon! :-)
A Recent Review of this guide
We had previously used Tours by Locals in Aruba and without hesitation we decided to book a tour of Curacao. Our tour guide Elton was amazing. He was right on time and took us wherever we wanted to go. He was very knowledgeable about the island as well as other areas around the world. We thoroughly enjoyed our tour and would highly recommend this tour group to anyone.
- Certified tourguide (CTA: Curaçao Tourist Attendance certificate, 2011)
- Driver licences B, C, D, E.
- Certificate of "Safety on the road" (VVV-Veilig Verkeer)
- Bachelor in Education (Geography) since 2005, including teaching experience since 2004.
- World-traveler: 79 countries visited across 6 continents.
- Experience as a guide since 2011
- Able to communicate in 5 different languages, next to our own Papiamentu.
- I am not licensed to guide inside some museums due to their regulations.