Customized cultural menu
This tour invites you for a deep contact with Brazillian culture and will be designed according to your specific interests.
In 8 hours we are able to visit museums, cultural centers and traditional crafts markets respecting your pace and preferences.
On my spare time, my hobbie is to explore cultural attractions in Rio de Janeiro, from the basic traditional markets to the upscale art galleries.
Challenge me with your preferences. Let's see what Rio can offer you in terms of Art, Design and Culture and take a look on my itinerary suggestions.
* Most museums are CLOSED ON MONDAYS.
On this tour you will have me and the car at your disposal for 8 hours and we will explore the city on your pace and interests.
***CUSTOMIZE - I can create a customized tour for you in case you have special requests or if you are more than 3 people and require a larger transportation
- Museum of Tomorrow
- Museum of Arts of Rio de Janeiro (MAR)
- Museum of Contemporary Art (MAC) - Niteroi city
- Museum of Modern Art (MAM) - Downtown Rio
- CCBB - Downtown Rio
- Casa França Brasil - Downtown Rio
- Centro Cultural Correios - Downtown Rio
- Centro Cultural Justiça Federal - Downtown Rio
- Museum of Fine Arts - Downtown Rio
- National History Museum - Downtown Rio
- Museum of the Republic
- Municipal Parliament - Pedro Ernesto Palace
- Municipal Theater
- Hippie Fair (handcraft fair)- Ipanema only on Sundays
- Lavradio Fair - Downtown (first Saturday of the month)
- Farm's maket - everyday (in different neighborhoods)
- Art Naif Museum - Cosme Velho district
- Art galleries - Jardim Botanico and Gavea districts
- Street Arts - Santa Teresa, Lapa, Botanic Garden, etc
- Ruins Park and Chacara do Ceu - Santa Teresa
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up from your hotel, apartment or cruise ship.
End location: Drop off at the original place or anywhere else you want to explore the city.
Duration: 8 hours
Most of the time we will be on a modern, clean, air-conditioned car. The car, a Honda Fit 2013, fits the guide and 3 comfortably or 4 (3 in the back seat, if not extra size people). If your group needs more comfort I may rent a van with a driver, changing the number of the tour to #123170 - Rio for Groups and the costs to 690 dollars.
Transportation to and from the hotel/apartment/cruise ship.
Driving service during the tour
Fluent English speaking guide about Brazilian history, economy, arquitecture, design, educational system or anything else you want to know about our culture
The attention to your needs and the best carioca's hospitality
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Real - It will depend a lot on the museums that you choose. Admission tickets vary from FREE to R$15,00 each.
MAC tour can be made on my own car (crossing the bridge Rio-Niteroi = 12km) or crossing Guanabara Bay (departure from Praça XV on a ferry boat - tickets R$ 10,00 each).
Souvenirs, lunch, drinks or snacks - 150 reais
Admission tickets for museums
Tickets for ferry boat to visit MAC in Niteroi city
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Ana was great because of her passion for her country which made our tour so very good.
Charles Delle Donne