The best of what the galilee has to offer
I will take you to places in the Galilee that only a local would know. I can show you an organic winery that pipes classical music through the barrel room 24 hours a day. Five km away, we can visit a flourmill that has been grinding, roasting and chopping local produce the same way for over a hundred years.
My culinary day tour includes wineries, both big and small, goat and sheep cheese dairies, specialty chocolates, a micro-brewery and more. I recommend adding a home cooked authentic meal and home hospitality in a local village. In the Galilee, the traditional and the modern exist side by side. I want you to see that for yourselves.
THIS IS ONLY ONE OF MANY POSSIBILITIES. TOURS CHANGE TO FIT THE INTERESTS OF THE CUSTOMER
9. 30: meeting at Ein Camonim Goat's cheese farm. Cheese platter tastings
11. 00: Mrar village, visit to traditional olive press, a traditional coffee roaster and an Arab sweets bakery
13. 00 - see the oldest (3500 years) olive trees is Israel with a beautiful lookout over the Galilee.
13. 30 - Lunch and Galilean home hospitality in the house of an Israeli Arab, in the village of Arrabeh or Mrar. A traditional Arabic meal will be served.
14. 30: Visit local Arab market. It is very colorful, middle-eastern and nitty-gritty.
15. 30: Visit Lotem Organic winery. Tour of winery and tastings
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Usually Carmiel "BIG" shopping centre carpark. There is a great deal of flexibility and the exact meeting location will be determined with the customer, depending on where he\she is coming from and what is most convenient.
End location: The end point is in accordance to what is convenient for the customer.
Duration: 7 hours
Places can be added or missed by request
The tour does not include transport, but it can be supplied at an additional cost.
A variety of wine, cheese, olive, coffee tastings.
cooking workshop and lunch are priced on a per person basis
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Israeli shekels - tips to host are appreciated but not mandatory. It's up to you.
transport is not included in the base price.
It can be arranged for an extra $150
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
A truly delicious, exciting and informative tour using food to understand the people and culture of the region. An ordinary, dusty street reveals a coffee roaster, an olive factory and an Arab bakery par excellence with Paul as our guide. Add a goat cheese farm, an organic winery and a stupendous lunch with Nazeera....there are simply no words to describe the sensory overload. Paul has a great knowledge and passion for food and this shines through in his tour. Super guide - super tour. A MUST!