Cote de Nuits
Discover the Champs Elysée of Burgundy with a private guided tour and tastings in the Cote de Nuits. Vosne Romanée, Gevrey Chambertin, Clos de Vougeot, need I say more.
We start the day with a private guided visit of Château du Clos Vougeot. Historical home to the wines of Burgundy since it was established by the monks in the 12C, this Renaissance chateau was lovingly restored in the 19C. See the giant wine presses used by the Cistercian monks and marvel at the remarkable engineering prowess of the Middle Ages.
We then have a private wine tasting in a boutique winery in the Cote de Nuits followed by lunch in a typical regional restaurant. Alternatively you may prefer a wine tasting lunch at a local vineyard with the opportunity to taste up to five Grand Cru wines with your lunch, the choice is yours.
A stroll past the famous vineyards of Romanée Conti will help settle our lunch while we examine the vines and the 'terroir' of this famous wine making region. A second visit to a Cote de Nuits cellar for a private wine tasting will round of the day perfectly.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your accommodation in Beaune and a 20km radius.
End location: In the same place as we met.
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
Modern air conditioned 7 seater fully licenced for private hire.
I can accommodate groups between 2 and 8 people, please contact me for a custom link so I can price your tour accordingly.
• Services of a local bi-lingual guide (mother tongue English)
• Pick up and drop off from your accommodation in Beaune
• Transport in a spacious air conditioned people carrier
• Private guided visit of the Chateau of Clos de Vougeot
• Drive through the vineyards of the Cote de Nuits with an introduction to the terroir and the vines of Burgundy
• All tasting and entry fees included
• Visit to two family run cellars in the Cote de Nuits for a commentated wine tasting of regional, village and premier cru wines
• Documentation on Burgundy wine
Estimated Local Cash Needed
25 Euros - Lunch
• Wine with lunch
• Items of a personal nature
• Personal and cancellation insurance
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour