Cote de Beaune
Recently listed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO, discover the history of the wine as well as taste it during your private tour of the area. Drive though the Golden Triangle of the Cote d'Or, Puligny-Montrachet, Chassagne-Montrachet and Meursault and discover why it is so famous and so good.
Enjoy a private guided tour of the 15th century Hospices de Beaune, one of the largest wineries in Beaune. Meet the owner of a famous wine estate and taste a variety of their excellent white wines during lunch.
Finish the day with a final tasting of red wines at a traditional family run estate before you are returned to your hotel in Beaune.
After pick up from your accommodation in Beaune, we start the day with a private guided visit of the acclaimed 15th century Hospices de Beaune, a charity hospital, still maintained today with the proceeds of its famous wine auction.
Having delved into the mysteries of the magnificent van der Weyden polyptych, we then drive into the Cote de Beaune for a tour of a well known winery and cellar, entertainingly led by one of the owners. There we will discover nature's techniques of turning grapes into wine aided by the patience of the Burgundian winemaker.
Lunch is taken at the winery with the opportunity to taste up to 9 wines (tasting size only) with a traditional meal. The sommelier visits each table for an individualised summary of each wine explaining the nuances between each wine.
Allowing our lunch to digest, we then drive through the Cote de Beaune for a visual explanation of 'terroir' and closer examination of the vines.
The day is completed with a visit to a small family winery in a different village
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your accommodation in Beaune up to a radius of 20km or Beaune train station
End location: Your accommodation in Beaune up to a radius of 20km or Beaune train station
Duration: 7 hours 30 min.
Door to door private transport is provided in a high specification modern, air-conditioned vehicle used for private transfers. Can carry up to 7 passengers. I can accommodate groups between 2 and 8 people, please contact me for a custom link so I can price your tour accordingly.
• Pick up and drop off from your accommodation in Beaune
• Transport in a spacious air conditioned people carrier
• Services of a local bi-lingual guide (mother tongue English)
• Private guided visit of the Hospices de Beaune
• Guided visit of a well known winery in Puligny Montrachet
• Drive through the vineyards of the Cote de Beaune with an introduction to the terroir and the vines of Burgundy
• Visit to a family run cellar in the Cote de Beaune for a commentated wine tasting of regional, village and premier cru wines
• Documentation on Burgundy wine
Estimated Local Cash Needed
60 Euros - Lunch and wine tasting at the wine domaine
• Lunch (25€ per person)
• Wine tasting at Lunch (15€ - 35€ depending on selection chosen)
• Items of a personal nature
• Personal and cancellation insurance
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We were together for a day and a half ( wish it had been longer) I have visited and toured many wine regions— this. Informative, professional, and oh yes - the wines.was the tops. Tracy did a wonderful job in matching my interests and then providing top notch recommendations.