Try Barcelona's best tapas while walking in the charming Old Town
During this private tour I will introduce you into the best tapas bars in Barcelona's Old Town.
We will walk in three different districts in the city, all beautiful and charming: El Borne, El Gotico and El Raval. They are absolutely cosy and gorgeous by night.
First we will try different olive oils and you will be surprised how different they can taste.
Then we make time for a nice local aperitif in El Borne and continue our journey from there. While we discover the tapas ibn different bars and drink local wines, we pass by important landmarks in Barcelona such as the Cathedral del Mar.
I explain to you the history and background during our walk.
We will try the typical and tasty tapas such as pan con tomate, patatas bravas, squid fritters, jamon etc. To finish, we have to have the crema catalana: a local delicious dessert you will not regret trying.
Please join me in trying all these lovely dishes and wines during a cosy walk together!
* We will meet at the beautiful Arc de Triomf statue to start our tapas tour!
* Then we will walk into the beautiful medieval district El Borne, where we will pass by many important spots such as the Santa Maria del Mar Church and the old market where medieval ruins were found.
* We will make time for the olive oil tasting, and then continue our journey for a first starter and introduction into the tapas world.
* We will then walk into El Gotico where more historical streets and cosy squares are.
* And of course another tapas restaurant is waiting for us in El Raval.
* We will pass by beautiful and important landmarks on our way, cosy streets lit up by night. . . We make a food and wine stop in 2 or 3 different tapas bars, and one olive oil shop for the tasting. After this tour, tapas just won't have any secrets anymore for you!
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Arc de Triomf statue : Passeig de Lluís Companys, 08003 Barcelona
End location: Las Ramblas in El Raval where you easily get a taxi to drive to your hotel safely or the cruise ship
Duration: 3 hours
My services as your private guide, food tasting and tapas in min.2 different bars, water and wine, olive oil tasting
Estimated Local Cash Needed
10 EUR - Should you wish to buy a souvenir at the olive oil shop
Any personal expenses such as souvenirs in the olive oil shop
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside some historical monuments.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
It was a pleasure spending an evening with Esther as she guided us through Barcelona holiday celebrations and wonderful tapas and wine selections. She is very engaging and knowledgeable and we would have no hesitation to recommend Esther to others.