A one day trip to the capital of Romania, where new and old come together in surprising ways
Be prepared for a 2, 5 hrs trip on the highway, crossing the Danube and the big Romanian plains to arrive in the heart of Bucharest, where we will have a walking tour through the lively centre.
You will enjoy a guided visit to Palace of Parliament, the famous communist building, one of the largest administrative building in the world (second only to the Pentagon).
Then we'll walk along places filled with history, the Old Town, with buildings from all ages, following Calea Victoriei to the Revolution Square and the many landmarks and remarkable buildings along the way (from the beginning of the century through the communist era and its demise, to the contemporary times) with many stories behind them, taking you through the journey of the place and of its people
We can customize the tour and add other destinations of your choice, and also we might change to a driving tour if the weather is not friendly
You will be amazed if you let Bucharest surprise you, with its eclectic style and vibrant life!
- Leaving Constanta in the morning from the location of your choice
- Guided visit to the House of Parliament
- Walking tour through the Old Town, Ancient Court, National Bank
- Calea Victoriei street and all the buildings lining it
- Revolution Square (and the story of the revolution involving the buildings, the Atheneum)
- Return trip to Constanta
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Constanta or Mamaia, at the hotel or cruise terminal
End location: Constanta or Mamaia, at the hotel or cruise terminal
Duration: 9 hours
Depending on the time we leave Bucharest, we might encounter the rush-hour in the afternoon, so allow for a +/- 1 hour
Personal car, a/c, Opel Astra sedan
5 V power plug
Aux 3.5 jack cable for the music of your choice
*4 travelers means 3 people must fit on the back seats
- The drive to Bucharest with my personal car a/c, 5V plug and the music of your choice
- Walking guided tour
Estimated Local Cash Needed
85 RON - - Entrance fee at the Palace of Parliament - 35 RON per person
- Bridge toll at the Danube crossing - per vehicle - about 26 RON
- Possible parking fees
- About 10 RON For a snack and a drink
- About 25 RON for a street food lunch. You would need more if you want to go to a restaurant
- Entrance to the Palace of Parliament
- Parking fees (in few cases. Usually is possible to find a free parking)
- Bridge toll at the Danube Crossing
I am not a licensed guide and will not be able to guide you inside some of the museums. Please inquire me for more details.