Rethimnon- Arkadi- Chania with a Private Guide
We will start our day with a detailed sightseeing walking tour in the old town of Rethimnon. We will visit the Venetian fortress of Fortezza, the Venetian harbor, the Loggia, the Guora gate, the Rimondi fountain, the church of St. Francis and several more unique monuments.
On our way to Chania we will stop at the exquisite Monastery of Arkadi, a 16th century monument and a symbol of freedom and independence for the Cretan people.
Reaching Chania, we will explore several Venetian and Ottoman monuments, such as the Firkas Fortress, the Fransiscan Monastery of San Salvador, the Venetian church of Ag Rockos, the Plateau of Venizelos, the Venetian Grand Arsenal, the Venetian "Neoria", The Venetian Monastery of San Frangiskos, Gialli Tzamissi, the Egyptian lighthouse, the Ottoman district of Splanzia and the Jewish square with the old 16th century Synagogue.
Our tour will sum up at the cruciform open-air fruit and leather market of the town after visiting Chania Archaeology Museum with its unique treasures.
Points of Interest/Touring:
- Rethimnon old town sightseeing walking tour
- Arkadi Monastery: a symbol of Independence
- Chania old town sightseeing walking tour
- Chania Archaeology Museum
- Lunch stop in Chania at a traditional Restaurant by the harbor
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Your Heraklion Hotel
End location: Your Heraklion Hotel
Duration: 10 hours
A new, modern, fully air- conditioned Premium class Minibus with 15 pax capacity.
In the case of a couple/3 people, a private taxi transportation can be arranged instead upon request with different charge
- My services as an Official Licensed Tourist Guide
- A new, modern, fully air-conditioned Premium class Minibus with 15 people capacity
- A professional driver
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 euro - For entrance tickets and average lunch costs
- Entrance Fees to Historic Sites- Museums i.e:
- Chania Archaeological Museum 2euro pp
- Etz Hayyim Synagogue Chania 2 euro pp
- Arkadi Monastery 2,5 euro pp
- Fortezza Fortress in Rethimnon 4 euro pp
- Mastamba Temenos Rethimnon- today the Paleology Museum- 4 euro pp
- Lunch costs paid locally
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We had a great time. Wonderful guide to visit Crete with. Marilina was very knowledgeable, engaging and fun company.