Special Roman walking tour: Punic Walls, Fortune House, elevator and Roman Theatre
Start this Cartagena 4h Roman walking tour visiting the Interpretation Center of Punic Walls. It's a "must-see" place because it's the origin of Qart-Hadast, later converted it into Cartago Nova.
We will continue with the Roman "House of Fortune" a unique Roman House in Cartagena with amazing paintings and a great reproduction of the Roman life style.
Cartagena during the Roman empire had a strategic harbor and you will see it from the outside area in the Castle. To get there we will take the elevator up to the Castle (outside visit), from there we will discover the Roman Amphitheatre too.
Our last stop will be at the Roman Theatre, visiting the Museum specifically designed by Rafael Moneo. Over there you will discover why the Roman Theatre was discovered some years ago.
** All my tours are customizable, please if you have any preferences let me know
- Start by visiting the Punic Walls, some walking is needed until we arrive to our first stop (WC, souvenirs shop. . . )
- The Fortune House is located within a short walking distance from the Punic Walls, NO WC available.
- Our 3rd stop will the at the panoramic elevator to get to the Castle explanade for amazing panoramic views.
- Castle explanade and panoramic views over the Royal Marine, Roman Theatre and Cartagena
- Roman Theatre visit. We will start with the museum and then the outside area. WC time is posible
- The Roman Theatre is located very close to the main cruise terminal.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Mare Nostrum restaurant. Within a short walking from the main terminal in Cartagena.
End location: City Center of Cartagena, next to the Town Hall, or same place as pick up.
Duration: 4 hours
- On Monday many tourist sites are closed
This tour is mainly walking
Estimated Local Cash Needed
16 Euro - This tour requires several ticket entrances: Punic Walls + Fortune House + panoramic elevator + Roman Theatre.
Cartagena is an affordable city (water 1,50€ coffee 2€...)
Please bring with you some cash
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jorge was a great guide. He was friendly and very informative. We had a great time with him and would highly recommend his tour to others.
Tim St Louis