Discover one of the most importants harbours of the Mediterranean sea.
First of all we will go to La Manga "the Sleeve" is a strip of land of de 24 km long. Its foundation was caused because of the sand sedimentation of the dominating currents of the area.
Driving back to Cartagena we will stop in the lighthouse of Cabo de Palos.
After this tour related with nature, we will take a special road back to Cartagena which drives next to Portman bay. This bay was founded by romans.
Next stop will be in "La Concepción" Castle where we will have great panoramic views of the Royal Marine.
We will introduce the history of Cartagena visiting the Interpretation Center of the Punic Walls and the Roman Theatre discoved by chance and recently restored.
In Calle Mayor we will have a general idea about the modernism in Cartagena: The Town hall, the Cervantes house and the Great Hotel.
** All my tours are customizable, please if you have any preferences or any thoughts let me know and I will offer my best.
*** PLEASE, if you are more than 6 people ask me!!
- Departure from Cartagena's harbour in a panoramic drive to "La Manga" (The Sleeve).
- Once we are in "La Manga" we will have the chance to discover the Inner Sea or "Mar Menor", then we will visit the lighthouse of Cabo de Palos.
- Drive back to Cartagena in a panoramic tour, visiting the Portman Bay.
- Arriving to "Concepcion" Castle. After photo stop in the peak of the mountain. We will discover the history of Cartagena, visiting the Interpretation center of the Punic Walls.
- Walking tour in the city center discovering diferent modernist buildings such as the Town Hall, the Cervantes House or the Great Hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Mare Nostrum Restaurant once you leave the ship after the police control, 100m from the main terminal.
End location: Usually our tours finish in the same place where we will start.
Duration: 5 hours
For this tour it's included a luxury a/c car or mini-van for 6 people, if you are a bigger group ask us.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 Euros - Entrance Punic Walls
Cartagena is an affordable city (Water 1'50€, coffee 5€...)
Please bring some cash for your extra needs.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Our tour with Jordi was wonderful. He was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about his homeland. I especially liked the fact that he readily adjusted the itinerary to accommodate our request. I would highly recommend him!