Tailor-made experience with you in KYOTO
In this tour, you can have an authentic Japanese experience, and also a short guided tour.
You can learn the basic of Japanese writing, the history of Japanese characters as well as part of the history of Japan.
Here are the details of my lesson:
- Learn about the history of calligraphy
- Watch the teacher moves, listen to the teacher advices and learn the basic techniques and knowledge.
- Practice and try to follow the teacher's advice
- Create your own masterpiece on a Japanese paper board or scroll paper and bring it back home.
Here are the details of the places I am going to take you:
- Gioji-temple (This is a small temple based on the legendary love story. )
- Tenryu-ji temple (It is one of the UNESCO temples, having a beautiful garden. )
- Bamboo forest (The forest consists of several pathways for tourists and visitors. )
** This is just an example. We could also visit the monkey park and other temples alternatively.
- Meet up at your hotel
- Train to Arashiyama
- Calligraphy lesson
- Lunch break at a local restaurant
- Visit local craftmen shops
- Tenryu-ji temple
- Bamboo forests
- Train to go back to your hotel
- Finish our tour around your hotel
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel, Suggested by Guide: Normally I will pick you up at your hotel. If our tour time is limited, I might ask you to meet up at Saga-Arashiyama station to save time.
End Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Hotel
Duration: 6 hours 30 min.
Public bus and train
** In this tour, we might walk a lot.
If necessary, we can also take taxies at any points. Please feel free to inquire me the price of taxies and I will customize this tour for you.
- Guiding Services
Estimated Local Cash Needed
6600 JPY - - Meals & snacks (around 1,500 yen per person)
- Transportation fees (around 1,000 yen for round tickets)
- Entrance fees (around 800 yen per person)
Approximately it costs 3,300 yen per person.
- Personal Expenses
- Public Transportation Tickets
- Food, Drinks, Snacks
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.