In my travels around the globe to hike, backpack and fly fish, I've come to appreciate guides with local knowledge. As a born and raised Calgarian, the Foothills and the Rocky Mountains of Southern Alberta have been my local playground for over 40 years—and it's my passion to share my love of this area with others.
I'm a Hiking Guide with the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides, an Apprentice Interpretive Guide with the Interpretive Guides Association, and an active member of the Angling Outfitters and Guides Association of Alberta. As a certified guide, your safety and satisfaction are my highest priority.
To create a truly memorable experience, I believe in a collaborative tour planning process. So let's get started creating your ideal adventure!
A Recent Review of this guide
Peter was a phenomenal tour guide, both knowledgeable in the parks history but also in safety and how to hike in the safest way possible. On top of all of this, he was a great resource in helping us find additional hikes and other activities that we could do in the surrounding region. We truly enjoyed his expertise and if we are in the area again, we know who to give a ring.
- Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) - Hiking Guide Certification and Winter Travel Accreditation
- Interpretive Guides Association (IGA) - Apprentice Interpretive Guide Certification
- Active Member of the Angling and Outfitter's Association of Alberta
- Active Member Status Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA) - Operations Level I
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid - Advanced Adventure Medic Certificate (80 hours)
- Master of Health Education Degree from Idaho State University ('94)
As an ACMG Hiking Guide, I am restricted to only guide in terrain that is free of any alpine hazards. Alpine hazards include:
- Areas of extensive rockfall hazard.
- 3rd/4th/5th class terrain.
- Snow avalanches.
- Glacier travel.