In my travels around the globe to hike, backpack and fly fish, I've come to appreciate guides with local knowledge. As a born and raised Calgarian, the Foothills and the Rocky Mountains of Southern Alberta have been my local playground for over 40 years—and it's my passion to share my love of this area with others.
I'm a Hiking Guide with the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides, an Apprentice Interpretive Guide with the Interpretive Guides Association, and an active member of the Angling Outfitters and Guides Association of Alberta. As a certified guide, your safety and satisfaction are my highest priority.
To create a truly memorable experience, I believe in a collaborative tour planning process. So let's get started creating your ideal adventure!
A Recent Review of this guide
Peter was amazing!! From his advance recommendations as to what to bring, to His selection of the perfect hike for me and my two girlfriends. He was not only very knowledgeable and informative about the hike we took, he also gave us great suggestions as to how to spend the rest of our vacation. We could not have asked for more! Would highly, highly recommend.
- Association of Canadian Mountain Guides (ACMG) - Hiking Guide Certification and Winter Travel Accreditation
- Interpretive Guides Association (IGA) - Apprentice Interpretive Guide Certification
- Active Member of the Angling and Outfitter's Association of Alberta
- Active Member Status Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA) - Operations Level I
- Advanced Wilderness First Aid - Advanced Adventure Medic Certificate (80 hours)
- Master of Health Education Degree from Idaho State University ('94)
As an ACMG Hiking Guide, I am restricted to only guide in terrain that is free of any alpine hazards. Alpine hazards include:
- Areas of extensive rockfall hazard.
- 3rd/4th/5th class terrain.
- Snow avalanches.
- Glacier travel.