Egyptian Museum, Historical Mosques, Synagogues and Churches of Cairo
Cairo has a lot to live up to; the jewel of the orient, the city of one a thousand minarets and the melting-pot of ancient and modern civilizations are just a few of its monikers.
To take in some of the city's magnitude, take a tour to the Egyptian Museum, the Citadel, the Alabaster mosque, and Coptic Cairo.
The museum houses the magnificent heritage of the pharaohs. See the splendid collection of the famous boy- king Tut-ankh-amon including the breath-taking Golden Mask. See the impressive mummies which still have hair, finger and toe nails and teeth.
Head for the Citadel, a massive fortress built in the twelfth century. Visit the Alabaster Mosque, one of the most attractive mosques in Islamic Cairo. Proceed to Coptic Cairo and do the Hanging Church, the Church of Abu Sirga, and the Jewish Synagogue of Ben Ezra.
- Pick-up at the lobby of the hotel.
- Head for Tahrir Square where the Revolution took place on January 25th, 2011. Learn every thing about the Revolution.
- Drive to the Egyptian Museum.
- Lunch (optional - you pay extra).
- Head for the Citadel and see the Alabaster Mosque.
- Proceed to Coptic Cairo and do the Hanging Church and the Jewish Synagogue of Ben Ezra.
- Drive back to the hotel.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: The lobby of the hotel.
End location: The lobby of the hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
Transportation by A/C modern, clean and comfortable car
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All my services as your private tour guide and Egyptologist
- Car park tickets
- Taxes and permissions
Estimated Local Cash Needed
150 Egyptian Pounds - Lunch and beverages
- The Mummy Room & photography at the Museum
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Tarek was great. Very professional and extremely knowledgable. I have used many, many tour guides over the years and he is in the top 1%. Highly recommended