Exclusive private tour combining good food and wine tasting with a walking tour of Bucharest downtown
This food & culture walking tour is perfect for those seeking to experience the local culture through the traditional food, while discovering Bucharest's most important sights and landmarks. The different stops will take you around the most popular part of the city that includes the emblematic Calea Victoriei and the enticing Old Town. Along the way, we will visit at least a bakery, a deli store, a couple of pastry shops and a cafe, and you will learn about traditional Romanian food and local eating habits.
For wine lovers who like to add a wine tasting to the tour, this is a chance to discover and taste some of the 'amazing' Romanian wines.
We will stop to legendary local venues and cultural restaurants.
During the tour you have the opportunity to purchase bottles of wine, sweets and local deli.
This tour is normally a walking tour (around 3 km, or 2 miles), but in case a vehicle is needed please let me know to adapt the tour.
- First stop to an artisan bakery to sample traditional Romanian savory pastries
- Visit a local family-run delicatessen store and taste fine cheese, charcuterie and Romanian traditional treats. Learn about different types of Romanian cheese, typical local food, eating habits, Romanian cuisine and staple foods.
- We make our way to the Old Town through Bucharest's downtown area, and along the way I will show you around some of the most emblematic streets and sites and the main historical and cultural landmarks.
- Stop to a legendary confectionery and pastry shop and sample delicious homemade sweets.
- Stroll around the Old Town, packed with cafes and restaurants. Discover some more landmarks and get tips for the best cafes, restaurants and local favorite spots.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: At your hotel
End location: At your hotel or other desired location
Duration: 4 hours 30 min.
This tour is normally on foot, however in case a minivan is needed this can be arranged, so please message me for a quote.
- Private tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- A platter of handcrafted cheese, meats and traditional Romanian goodies at a local deli store
- Samples of savory pastries at local artisan bakery
- Samples of sweets at pastry shop
Estimated Local Cash Needed
180 Lei - If you like to add a wine tasting session during the tour, consider around 90 Lei /person the tasting of 5 premium Romanian wines.
Dinner at restaurant is optional add-on. Please consider around 90 Lei/person the cost of two-course meal with drink at local traditional restaurant.
Cost of bottles of wine, sweets, local deli etc you may like to purchase during the tour