City, Food and Wine, Local Experience, Shopping
Kid Friendly: Yes.
Limitations must be communicated to the guide well in advance in order to be taken care of
Maximum travelers: 8
Spanish (basic), Italian (fluent), German (basic), French (conversational), English (fluent)
Bologna street food and markets tour
Walk (or bike-ride) the streets of Bologna discovering the aroma and taste of Italian food tradition!
Visit with me, town's most popular open food markets and buy your favorite raw ingredients or some delicious home-made dish.
At the end of our food-shopping, we will sit down at the tables of a local inn where you can eat your own food while washing it down with a glass of their local wine selection!
What we are going to visit:
- Mercato delle Erbe food market
- Mercato Ritrovato food market - only for bike tours
- Mercato di Mezzo, Eataly food market.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Outside BOLOGNA WELCOME (IAT - Tourist information point)- Piazza Maggiore 1/e. The tourist office is in front of the Saint Petronio Church.
End location: Quadrilatero ancient marketplace - Via Drapperie.
Duration: 2 hours
Walking or bike tour
- 2-hours walking tour with a licensed guide
- Third party insurance coverage.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
50 euro - Travellers are responsible for purchasing their own food.
€7,00/per person is required to book a table at the inn - Booking includes first drink
Bike rent available upon advanced request - €10,00/2h
- Travelers are responsible for purchasing any item, i.e. clothes, accessories, souvenirs, gadgets ...
- Public transport (not required, but can be arranged in case of mobility issues)
- Hotel pick-up (can be arranged if required).
I am only permitted to guide in ENGLISH and ITALIAN, although able to make conversation in French and understand Spanish too.