Want to know what Vancouverites like to do for fun in our fair city? Here you go: Ten Ways to Experience Vancouver Like a Local!
1. Fuel up with your favourite caffeinated beverage from one of our amazing local coffee chains, like J.J. Bean or Café Artigiano.
2. Brave Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge (unlike Capilano, it’s free to cross, and also free of wandering historical characters) and stroll through the temperate rainforest trails on the other side.
3. Visit Granville Island and shop the artist’s studios for a West Coast souvenir. Feed the ducks, gawk at the houseboats and enjoy the towers of fresh produce inside the market.
4. Visit Spanish Banks at low tide and walk along the sea floor.
5. Rent a bike on Davie St, then cycle along the Sea Wall around Stanley Park. Or jog, or walk, or rollerblade! We locals are a pretty active bunch.
6. Get lunch at the Food Cart Festival on the south side of False Creek, near Cambie Bridge. Twenty of the city’s best food carts open their doors here every Sunday, from June 22nd until September.
7. Try on a pair of Lululemon’s famous yoga pants at the flagship store on Robson St. (Double check to make sure they’re not see-through.)
8. Now you're ready to practice your downward dog on a stand-up paddleboard at Kits Beach. Doesn’t get much more Vancouver than doing yoga poses on the water!
9. Lace up your running shoes and do the Grouse Grind, also known as Nature’s Stairmaster. (Not to worry: you’ll be rewarded by a cold beer at the top, along with the awesome view).
10. Speaking of beer, once you’re back in the city, try a tasting flight (or two) at one of our fine craft breweries: Brassneck Brewery and 33 Acres are a couple of our favourites.
If you want to spend time with a friendly Canuck while you’re here, check out our Vancouver guides! From North shore hikes to gallery visits and pub crawls, they've got you covered.