The first thing you should know about how ToursByLocals works is that it’s simple. So simple, we broke it down into a 4-step process for you in this nifty graphic: How it Works.
1. Click “Find a Tour” or “Find a Guide” to find a tour or guide at your destination.
2. Contact the guide by clicking "Ask a Question" to build a customized tour. Or if you see a pre-designed tour that’s already perfect for you, select that.
3. Book and pay for the tour online. (If you prefer, you can call our office to book by phone: 1-866-844-6783).
4. Meet your guide at your destination and enjoy your tour!
Now that you're all set to make your first inquiry, here are a few tips to get you started:
1. Don’t be shy! Click the “Ask a Question” button on the guide's profile page to start a conversation with any guide on the site.
2. Use your first message to share practical information: your travel dates, how many people are in your group, does anyone have mobility issues, etc.
3. This is also a good time to share a few personal details: Is this your first time in their city? Is there anything special you are hoping to see or learn about? Letting the guide know a bit about you and your travel style will help him or her to tailor a tour itinerary that’s unique to you.
4. Once you’ve sent your inquiry, be patient. The guide wants to and will get back to you as soon as they can! Our guides are very busy individuals, and many live in different time zones than us. If you have not heard from them in 24 hours, give us a call.
5. Don’t get discouraged if your first choice of guide is unavailable. Contact another! We stand behind every guide on our site, so your private tour experience will always be an excellent one.