1. Guide’s name: Good morning from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam! My name is Chau Le, but you can address me as Joe.
2. Why I became a guide:
I have been working as local guide in Vietnam since 2002. I love my beautiful country, its history, people and cuisine. I love to share those hidden charms of my country to worldwide travellers. I also love outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, trekking and photographing. I am like a worker-bee trying to find unique honey to offer to those who would have a chance to tour with me. Touring with Joe is experiencing the real Vietnam.
3. What do you love about your city?
In Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) you have a chance to learn so much about Vietnamese history, people, cultures and local cuisine.
4. Top 3 things not to miss when visiting your part of Vietnam:
1. Visit the wholesale market in China Town.
2. Taste Vietnamese coffee and try Pho Beef noodle Soup.
3. Get a motorbike tour around the city.
5. Best place to go for a great photo:
For views over the river, head to the fifth floor of the Majestic Hotel, a historic French colonial-style hotel in the heart of the city.
6. Tell us one local food specialty everyone visiting your city/region should try:
Definitely a bowl of Pho beef noodle soup! I will show you the best places to try this classic Vietnamese meal.
7. Your favourite local places to eat:
Ngon Restaurant and Thuc Café are a couple of my favourites.
8. Best place to celebrate a special occasion:
I suggest trying the Temple Club Restaurant, a downtown restaurant with a classic Saigon feel. [Editor’s note: apparently Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have eaten here!]