1. Guide’s name: Hi, I am Lynn N and I am lucky to live and guide in my favorite city in the world, Chicago, IL, USA.
2. Why I became a guide: I am a former teacher and now have the pleasure of showing my guests around the biggest and best classroom I could imagine.
3. Describe why you love your city/region in one sentence: Chicago is a very friendly, beautiful and clean city. Most people are surprised at what they find.
4. Top 3 things not to miss when visiting your city/region: Three places you should not miss are Millennium Park, a river and lake architecture boat tour and any of our wonderful museums. (The Art Institute was recently voted the Best Museum in the World by TripAdvisor reviewers, and the Museum of Science and Industry is fun for all ages.)
5. Best place to go for a great photo: The best place to take a photo is from a boat on the lake, but if you can’t do that, take a nice walk along the lake or a short bus ride out to the Museum Campus to see the best view of our skyline.
6. Tell us one local food specialty everyone visiting your city/region should try: Chicago is known for Chicago-style hot dogs (mustard; NO ketchup!!), deep dish pizza and steaks. May as well try all three!
7. Best place to celebrate a special occasion: I think the best place to celebrate a special occasion is at the Signature Room on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building. But if the top of the building is in cloud so that it would obstruct your view, I’d recommend going to Gibson’s instead.