If you are coming to Barcelona there are a few things you should never miss. It's hard to select just 5 out of so many possibilities, but here are my personal recommendations:
1. ENTER SAGRADA FAMILIA CHURCH. Now that the interior works have been completed and no scaffolding is around, there is no excuse! This church is nothing like any other you've seen before: it's the BIG MUST!
2. EXPLORE THE BOQUERIA MARKET. One of the best in the world, you'll want to move to Barcelona to shop everyday here! Enjoy the local foods, but also discover some exciting exotic products. And if you can, don't miss the opportunity to eat in a market bar.
3. ENJOY OUR FOOD. A fun way to do that is going to tapas bars, so you can get a variety of small plates and taste the local cuisine. But also don't miss our fancy chef restaurants, and a great paella meal by the port or the beach.
4. GET LOST IN THE STREETS OF THE OLD TOWN. Feel like you are in Italy, back to the middle ages. Don't be afraid of not finding the way out: eventually you always hit some main street or the port area; it's easier than it looks! And you'll be surprised at every corner by 100 year old stores and impressive ancient buildings standing next door to trendy local shops and boutiques.
5. GO TO A CONCERT IN PALAU DE LA MÚSICA. The most beautiful concert hall you've ever seen! The music will sound even better when you are surrounded by the gorgeous sculptures, tiles and stained glass!
We think #6 should be “Join Marta for some tapas!” You can learn more about Marta and her fun, thoughtfully designed city tours at: Private Barcelona Tours with Marta.