full Day - 5/6 hours
Full day guided tour in Ravenna is the best way to discover the beauty and magic of Byzantine Mosaics and not only in Ravenna!
A guided walk through the old city centre with lunch and a pause for practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna.
The full day guided tour includes:
• Church of S. Vitale commissioned by the Emperor Justinian from Byzantium. In the mosaics here he is masterfully depicted with his fabulous wife Theodora.
• Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, A powerful building created to honour the resilient and colourful empress of the Western Roman Empire.
• Neoniano Baptistery close to the ancient Cathedral and decorated by even more wonderful mosaics
• Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo which was the private chapel of the Ostrogoths King Theoderic.
• Basilica of Saint Francis, Dantesque Zone and the tomb of the father of the Italian Language Dante Alighieri.
• Basilica of St Apollinare in Classe Astonishing 1500-year old Basilica that was built when Ravenna was Capital of Byzantine Bishopric.
• A guided walk through the old city centre with a pause and a practical demonstration of mosaic -making technique, enjoyng and understanding the enormous history and the quiet rhythm of life in Ravenna.
• Lunch in the city centre
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Ravenna citycentre or On request
End location: Ravenna citycentre or On request
Duration: 5 hours
walking (short distance) and public transport
The price includes 5 hours guided tour in Ravenna and Classe.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
40 Euro - Admission fee per person Ravenna Monumets Euro 15,50. Around Euro 20,00 per person for a proper lunch.
Entrance fee for monuments: Euro 8,50 plus 5,00 per person (from the 1st of March to 15th of June there is an extra to pay of Euro 2,00 for visiting the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia). Extra for coffee break or other. Private taxi or public transport. On request headsets , Euro 2,00 per person.
I am not a driver. I can accompany you in your vehicle or I can arrange for a separate car and driver.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Cinzia was the perfect guide. She is deeply knowledgeable about the history and sights in Ravenna, and shares her knowledge with great enthusiasm. She is wonderfully experienced regarding the best times to visit the attractions, the best locations from which to get the best perspectives and photographs possible , and her personal relationships with the staff at many of the monuments helped us breeze through lines in an unobtrusive way. She is a real insider- the best anyone could hope to have as a guide!