Discover the nicest places of one of the most beautiful Greek islands
Enjoying a guided walk in the city of Mykonos you have the opportunity to discover more about the history of the island and how it became one of the most well known islands in the world. Mykonos's nickname is the "island of the winds" and it's known for the very vibrant nightlife , the beautiful architecture with the white houses and the wonderful beaches.
In this private tour we will visit the highlights of Mykonos such as the Matoyianni street the most famous street of Mykonos full with numerous shops , art galleries and bars. We will walk through the narrow streets in order to find the area of Little Venice and to take some photos in front of the windmills.
I will do my best to give you some nice information about the way of life and why "the myth of the Greek summer" survived in a social and economic framework totally different from that which gave it birth. In this tour you will be able as well to admire the beauty of the Cycladic traditional architecture of the houses and of the small chapels.
- Our tour starts from the new port of Mykonos driving back to Mykonos town
- We will stop in the central square the "Manto" square to admire the beautiful scenery and we will continue passing through the Matoyianni Street discovering the hidden spots and the picturesque white houses
- At the end of the street we will find the beautiful area of Little Venice to see the windmills and the old laundries as well , ending in front of the "Paraportiani church" a miracle of the cycladic architecture .
- On our return back to the parking , we can stop by a local deli shop to be introduced to the local gastronomy (upon request)
- With the car we will discover the rest of the island. The tour includes photostops , a coffee break on the south coast and a visit to Ano Mera village in the center of the island, where we will visit the beautiful Monastery dated back to 16th century named as "the Monastery of Panayia Tourliani"
- The tour can be customized based on the customer's wishes
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Hotel
Duration: 4 hours
Private car (nissan almera )
For bigger groups, I can arrange a larger vehicle with driver
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - Food, drinks, and souvenirs
- Personal Expenses
- Food, Drinks, Snacks