The very best of the city with minivan
This tour will show you around the whole city and covers all the major sights. The best choice for orientation and to know your way around. It is also panoramic, so you will enjoy an amazing view of the Danube and the city. We use a luxury minivan, which allows us to go to places where the big tour buses cannot go and this way we can see a lot more things. Besides the history we can discuss anything that interests you, the matters of daily life, politics, etc. If you like we can also enjoy a short coffee break in a historical cafe.
I can give you a lot of recommendations regarding programmes, places, etc. for the rest of your stay so that you can spend your time the way you want and avoid the tourist traps.
Based on your interests the tours can vary, but in general we will cover all the must-sees:
- Andrassy Avenue, which is part of the Unesco World heritage, with the Opera House and the neo-renessaince palaces
- Heroes Square and the surrounding city park with the famous Szechenyi Spa and a fairy-tale like castle
- the Saint Stephen's cathedral, the Great Synagogue and the Parliament from outside - three grandiose buildings
- Explore the historical Castle district with the Matthias Church and the Fisherman's Bastion, which became emblematic of Budapest
- Drive up to the Gellert Hill where you can enjoy an unforgettable view of the city
Of course, this tour, as all the others, is fully customizable depending on your interest, so don't hesitate to contact me before with any special requests.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: - usually hotel/boat lobby
End location: - I can take you back to your hotel at the end of the tour or can drop you off wherever you like
Duration: 4 hours
Air conditioned comfortable minivan with professional driver, plenty of leg space, free mineral water
- my guiding service in English
- professional driver with first class, A/C minivan
- free mineral water in car
- hotel pick up and drop off
- a strudel at the Central Market Hall, if we visit
Estimated Local Cash Needed
3000 Huf - about 12 usd, it roughly covers entrance fees (Matthias Church, Fishermans Bastion)
- Four groups bigger than 6 please ask for a customized offer!
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Melinda was informative, personable and punctual. The tour was catered to the needs of our group and we really enjoyed our morning spent with Melinda. I wish it could have been longer! Melinda made other recommendations for our stay in Budapest, which we explored later. Thoroughly recommended.