Visit the TOP highlights in Luang Prabang
On this guided sightseeing tour of Luang Prabang by minivan you'll discover why the city is called the Jewel of the Mekong. We'll explore the morning market, ancient temples, war relics, local crafts, the history of the former Lao kingdoms, and the National Museum.
Luang Prabang is among the best-preserved traditional cities in Southeast Asia and was granted UNESCO World Heritage Site status in 1995. Its tranquility and tropical charm, combined with its splendid natural scenery and cultural riches, make it one of the most alluring destinations in Laos.
8'30AM pick up from your Hotel by Minivan
- Morning Market, a lively street where locals shop for everything from colorful vegetables and exotic fruits to live frogs.
- Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham is one of Luang Prabang's largest and most richly decorated temples
- Museum where you'll discover the history and present life of Luang Prabang
- Xiengthong Temple which features a spectacular low sweeping roof. It's Luang Prabang's most distinctive and recognized monastery
- Lunch at the top Restaurant in Luang Prabang
- Arts and Ethnology Centre which gives us a great insight into the ethnic mix and culture of Laos
- Walk through Bamboo Bridge to Xang Khong. This village is famous in silk weaving with traditional hand loom and Sa paper making from mulberry.
- Phousi mountain, which offers a spectacular view over Luang Prabang and the Mekong River with very beautiful sunset.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Pick up from you accommodation
End location: At your accommodation again,
Duration: 10 hours
Tour will be end around 18.30
clean minivan with air-conditioned
• All entrance fees
• English speaking guide
• All transportation with private Minivan
• 20% Tax
Estimated Local Cash Needed
400000 kip - In case you would like to do shopping, buy some souvenir, get some more drinks and foods
• Specialty Drinks and Lunch
• Personal expenses
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Jay was very good. Highly informative, well organized tour of Luang Prabang. He also helped me understand Laotian history and culture.