Spectacular Train Trip to Jungfraujoch (Top of Europe)
Spectactular train trip from Bern via Interlaken up to Jungfraujoch and back on a different way - through tunnels carved into the rock face of Mount Eiger. Europe's highest railway station at almost 3, 500 m.
Enjoy magnificient alpine scenery, ice palace and the views of the Aletsch Glacier, the longest in the Alps and listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
We have also the possibility to enjoy the unique alpine and glacier landscape while eating typical delicious Swiss dishes in the restaurant at Jungfraujoch.
This trip is possible all year round!
Meeting place: Bern main train station or to your convenience.
- train trip to Jungfraujoch via Interlaken
- visit indoors and outdoors of the glaciated and snow-covered Jungfraujoch
- picnic or lunch in restaurant
- train trip Jungfraujoch back to Bern on a different way than going up
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: Bern main train station or to your convenience.
End location: Bern main train station or to your convenience.
Duration: 9 hours
All by train.
Here in Switzerland we have an excellent and very efficient public transportation, you will not need a car to go on my trips. Everywhere I will take you we can rely on them; especially in the mountains it is easier to travel by train, busses, cable car, chairlift etc. In addition, it gives us full liberty of our journey and to alternate routes.
My services as your personal guide with
- Organisation and research (e.g. travel plan, timetable, entrance and restaurant booking if necessary etc.)
- Guide (pick up from Bern or to your convenience)
- Guiding you during the excursion including information about geography, history and legends, local people, culture, etc.)
- Assistance with and purchase of the train tickets
- Little picnic on the Jungfraujoch with typical local Swiss products
- Visit of Jungfraujoch incl. ice caves
- Short walk on Jungfraujoch (subject to available time and weather conditions)
- Speaking the local Swiss languages (Swiss-/German, French, Italian) and English
- Your travel expenses (from Bern to Jungfraujoch return ticket between CHF 150 and CHF 270 per person, depending of time of booking). The lower price is subject to availability.
Conditions for all tickets apply.
For first class train travel other rates apply, both for the client and the guide.
Compulsory seat reservation for the train ride to Jungfraujoch of CHF 10 per person - not refundable!
Special passes for travelling with public transports in Switzerland are available.
The following expenses for the guide:
- supplement for special trains (about CHF 100 for a return ticket to the Jungfraujoch), meals in restaurant, entrance fees where necessary.
Any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs, restaurant/picnic, snacks
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Markus was a very responsive and pleasant guide, and it was very nice to have him take us around. He helped answer all of our questions pre-departure (and responded very quickly) and was knowledgeable, and provided a lovely picnic lunch. As visiting Jungfraujoch itself is heavily dependent on weather, I don't know if a tour is needed, with some planning I think this can be done without a guide.