Temple of Heaven (Or: the Summer Palace) - Mutianyu Great Wall
1. Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvests.
(Or: The Summer Palace: Summer Palace was originally a royal garden and a temporary dwelling palace for emperors of Qing Dynasty. )
2. Mutianyu Great Wall has an extremely beautiful natural landscape once you are up on the wall. It is comparatively smoother than most of other sections. This less-crowded section of the Great Wall takes about 2-3 hours. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
If you want to make some changes about the itinerary, please feel free to let me know. Our common goal is that you see what YOU want to see.
1) In the morning, I will pick you up from your hotel or any other agreed upon location with a professional driver.
2) We will visit the Temple of Heaven (Or the Summer Palace) in the morning.
3) A La Carte Lunch (optional): we will have a la carte lunch at an elegant and noted local restaurant. And you will taste the authentic Chinese cuisine. Feel free to let me know if you have special needs for the food.
4) After lunch we will visit Mutianyu Great Wall in the afternoon.
5) After that, I will transfer you back to your hotel or any other agreed upon location.
Meeting Location + Tour Duration
Meeting location: I can meet you at your hotel, or any other agreed upon location.
End location: I can leave you at your hotel, or any other agreed upon location.
Night entertainment can be recommended if it is needed, such as the local restaurant, massage, the acrobatics show, Kung Fu show and Beijing Opera, etc.
Duration: 9 hours
Weather and traffic may affect this tour.
Air-conditioned vehicles: car, van or coach. (It depends on the number of people.)
1. the whole day's transportation with a professional driver and a clean car or van;
2. the professional English-speaking tour guide;
3. mineral water.
I can take larger groups. Please click 'ask a question' to get a quote.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 rmb (1 US$ is about 6.5 rmb) - the entry fee of the Temple of Heaven (or the Summer Palace), the entry fee of the Mutianyu Great Wall, the shuttle bus at the Mutianyu Great Wall.
entry fees, lunch, souvenirs and other personal items.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
We accomplished a lot within a day due to Sonia's efficient planning. Our family was able to visit the Mutianyu portion of the Great Wall, Drum Tower, Lama Temple, Summer Palace, and the Olympic site. She brought us as well to a bakery to sample their products, a shopping mall frequented by the locals for great bargains, a famous dimsum place and a store that sells candies which taste like red iced tea. Sonia and our van driver definitely made our Beijing tour truly informative and enjoyable-Thanks a lot!