Forbidden City - Jingshan Park - Temple of Heaven (Or: The Summer Palace)
1. The Forbidden City: The Forbidden City was home to 24 emperors between 1368 and 1911. It is the largest and the best preserved ancient imperial architecture complex in the world, with great square, halls and gates contrast with intricate halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters.
2. Jingshan Park: There is a hill in Jingshan Park. People can see the whole downtown Beijing on top of the hill. The Beijing central point is also on top of the hill.
3. Temple of Heaven: Built in 1420 during the Ming Dynasty, Temple of Heaven is a complex of Taoist buildings where emperors of Ming and Qing dynasties visited for annual ceremonies of pray for good harvest.
(Or: Summer Palace: Summer Palace was originally a royal garden and a temporary dwelling palace for emperors of Qing Dynasty. )
If you want to make some changes about the itinerary, please feel free to let me know. Our common goal is that you see what YOU want to see.
1) In the morning, I will pick you up from your hotel or any other agreed upon location with a professional driver.
2) We will visit the Forbidden City and the Jingshan Park.
3) La Carte Lunch (optional): we will have a la carte lunch at an elegant and noted local restaurant. And you will taste the authentic Chinese cuisine. Feel free to let me know if you have special needs for the food.
4) After that we will visit the Temple of Heaven (Or: Summer Palace)
5) After that, I will transfer you back to your hotel or any other agreed upon location.
Meeting Point + Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Rail or Bus Station, Cruise Ship Port, Airport, Hotel, Address or Intersection, Monument/Building
Duration: 8 hours
Weather and traffic may affect this tour.
Modern clean air-conditioned vehicles: 1) four seats Volks Wagenwerk or Hyundai or Toyotabcars for 1-2 people. 2) 5-9 seats business vans for 3-7 people.
- Guiding Services
- Private Transportation
Estimated Local Cash Needed
100 rmb (1 US$ is about 6.5 rmb) - snacks, lunch and souvenirs.
A Recent Review of this tour
Read More Reviews For This Tour
Could not have done it without Sonia. Amazing tour and much less lines to wait in. Sonia took us to all the best spots including great lunch. Highly recommend this tour. Paul. Montana USA.